Race for Life 2012

Options

Replies

• mrsrice86
    mrsrice86 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm doing the 5k race in Cleethorpes, Lincolnshire on 10th June.
    It will be my first Race for Life.

I will be mainly walking, as i'm doing it with my mum :)
  • Twinkletoestasha
    Twinkletoestasha Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thats Fab. Best of luck with it hunni !

I am currently on week 3 run 2 of C25K..managing to run 2mile now and have signed up to the 5k in Southend in May. Leaves me 7 weeks to get to the 3mile mark and then hoping to do 10k summer.

Cant wait ! :)
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Portsmouth 5k on 22nd (?) July, and then the 5k Great South Run in Oct. I'm building myself up to restart the C25K thing after I buggered my knee doing it last year (not enough warming up and pushing myself too much)
  • LixxiLees
    LixxiLees Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it in may. I'm riddled with Arthritis and partially sighted. I'd love to run it, but I think I'll be power walking it.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Stamford 10 k, mid May. Really looking forward to it!
  • theonly1iknow
    theonly1iknow Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Glasgow 5k in June, I'm doing it with a friend and its her first tine, we're currently doing c25k together, can't wait, it's gonna be lots of fun: -)
  • MelanieAG05
    MelanieAG05 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Hi again everyone!

How is your training going? A lot of you mentioned C25K - so how are you progressing? I have completed the 9 weeks and can do 5km in about 35 mins. I am still going out running 5km or more at least 3 times per week. My Race for Life is on 6th May - not long to go now! Considering training up for a 10km run after that.......going to use Bridge to 10k and see how that goes!!

Mel x
  • sabhoney
    sabhoney Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi,

Good luck to everyone with the races they are doing this year.

I'm doing the 5k Race for Life in Ipswich on 17th June and my first every half marathon on 7th October in London (The Parks). I'm really scared about the half marathon and am hoping to shift extra weight whilst training.

Thanks
    Sabrina
  • Kay2405
    Kay2405 Posts: 54
    Options
    I'm doing the race for life on 8th July in Maidstone with my friend Hazel. :)
  • meerkat70
    Options
    3 weeks till my 10k - The Stamford Run for Life.

I've got a half marathon in July (the MK NSPCC one)
  • bossmodehan
    bossmodehan Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 10k in cheltenham for my mum who is being treated for breast cancer atm. never done a race before, let alone race for life, i'm excited to get properly into training in a few weeks, already fundraising too :D
  • meerkat70
    Options
    I'm doing the 10k in cheltenham for my mum who is being treated for breast cancer atm. never done a race before, let alone race for life, i'm excited to get properly into training in a few weeks, already fundraising too :D

It's nice to feel that you're doing *something* to show them how much you want to support them and help them, isn't it? I'm running for my mum too - she has bowel cancer.
  • missdottyuk
    missdottyuk Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am a complete non runner (at the moment!) and am debating whether to sign up for my local race for life on July 1st. That gives me two months to get some semblance of running ability but I am not sure what to do!

Good luck everyone!
  • meerkat70
    Options
    If you're signing up for a 5 k, download the Couch 2 5k programme (stick it on your phone) and follow it. You have enough time if you get cracking now.
  • missdottyuk
    Options
    Thanks meerkat!
  • meerkat70
    Options
    No prob. Let us know how you're getting on. You'll soon be addicted. :-)
  • missdottyuk
    Options
    I will!
  • sammylc
    sammylc Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I'm signed up now for 1st July in Leeds. I've managed to get some colleagues to join me so there will be 10 of us, should make fundraising easier and we can motivate each other. I will be running for my sister, who I lost 6 years ago aged just 42.
  • EllieMo
    EllieMo Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    A lot of you mentioned C25K - so how are you progressing? I have completed the 9 weeks and can do 5km in about 35 mins.

I amazed myself last week by taking my training outdoors for the first time (been on a treadmill until then) and achieved a faster time than I have done on a treadmill! Did a total of 4.5 miles but clocked myself at 5k and was sub 40 minutes, so setting my sights on 35 mins for the Race for Life in June :)
  • shelleycolton
    shelleycolton Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm doing the clumber park, nottinghamshire race for life in July (will by my 3rd year). Also love the C25K app too. The best weight loss tool I bought is my treadmill in my bedroom, when my son is asleep I go on and watch the telly. Fab, it is easier than running outside, but the weather is shocking.