Anyone on WW online?

Options
dreamjo
dreamjo Posts: 104 Member
I just switched from the meetings to online. I started to do it on my own and only use MFP but I do like the Online WW because I think it helps me keep up with my points better than writing them down. I do love their articles, recipes, and tips but I do not like their community as much though since MFP community seems to be much better and more posts/boards.

If you are on WW online, what do you like about it vs MFP

If you are on WW online or use e-tools, send me a PM and we can become friends!

Replies

• starrlight23
    starrlight23 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I actually just joined ww officially today. I love mfp but can't really say what i like about ww online yet since its too early to tell. I hate their database though. Mfp has such a large food database I always find what i need to add. WW only had 25% of what I ate today which I found rather annoying. Can you tell me if you know what the difference between etools and online is. I am thinking after my 1 month membership card expires that I will switch to online.
  • dreamjo
    Options
    Welcome Starrlight! The main difference between etools and online is that etools is a mainly a companion if you are going to the meetings on a weekly basis. Its to log your food on the computer or remotely through an app so that you don't have to write your food diary.

I have had both (meetings and etools) and weight watchers online (now for a few weeks). It is true that MFP has a MUCH bigger database than WW online/etools does. However, it does keep up with your points for you which is what i like best. Like MFP, WW also has a free scanner app that you can use to scan foods so you know how many points something is.

I use both MFP and WW online for support; however, I do like the community on MFP MUCH better. I do like that WW has many articles and recipes though, and tons of fitness help.

I think both can be used in losing weight, but if you want to stick with the points system, WW online is an easy way to track. If I cant find a food on WW online, Ill use MFP to find the Fat, Fiber, Protein, and Carbs and then save the food so I can use it next time.

With Etools vs. WW Online, with etools it is mainly just a tracker I think but with WW online you get more of a meeting experience online without physically going to the meetings. WW online is about 18 per month with free registration if you sign up for 3 months. WW meetings are 12 per week. WW online fit better in my budget and with my schedule but I did love my meetings.

Hope this helps! PM me your username on WW online and I can add you :)

Hope this helps!
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I recently started WW online and I prefer it over going to the meetings. For me, it's super easy to track my points and I especially love the recipe builder online which makes it really simple in terms of adding my own recipes and figuring out how many points are per serving.

I like MFP for the community and the support!
  • AleksD3
    AleksD3 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm online and have never done meetings. I'm just not a meetings person. I really like counting points, I do better with that than calories but I LOVE the MFP community and have my friends good friends on here when they'll never join WW.
  • Shabambam
    Shabambam Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I love both WW and MFP for different reasons. I use both the WW online and the meetings. I love my group! A bunch of nutty people and while I love my MFP community sometimes it helps keep motivated to see the people in the same struggle as you face to face. I also like weighing in. It's like having to hold yourself more accountable. While the WW online database is not as vast as MFP I use it as kind of a backup it's like a secondary insurance for me. And so far whatever I don't find in the database is fairly easy to calculate. They also have recipes, articles and cheat sheets (love those). They do have a vast exercise database. everything from ax chopping to anishinaane jingle dancing (what's that?!?). Anyway, when it comes to losing weight I need all the help and support I can get so I feel the need to do it all. :blushing: I hope youfind the formula that worksf or you. :wink:
  • gal_amy
    gal_amy Posts: 47
    Options
    I just switched from the meetings to online. I started to do it on my own and only use MFP but I do like the Online WW because I think it helps me keep up with my points better than writing them down.

I ended up just writing it down in a notebook I got from Safeway. I hated e-tools, because I hated to be tied down to a computer.
  • gal_amy
    Options
    It is true that MFP has a MUCH bigger database than WW online/etools does. However, it does keep up with your points for you which is what i like best. Like MFP, WW also has a free scanner app that you can use to scan foods so you know how many points something is.

If you have an iphone, you can also use fooducate and it actually has the points plus values, right in the program.
  • dreamjo
    Options
    Thanks guys! Ooh I will have to download fooducate too! I love my apps :)
  • daphnegetnfit
    Options
    I am just using the WW calculator & WW books and MFP - I am a lifetimer, up about 10 pounds. I wish they would update Etools, it is very outdated in today's computer environment. But I do like all the info on there. I actually have been considering going back to doing Etools and also doing MFP. Just alot easier keeping track with Etools on the phone. Agree about foodeducate!
  • gal_amy
    Options
    I wish they would update Etools, it is very outdated in today's computer environment. But I do like all the info on there. I actually have been considering going back to doing Etools and also doing MFP. Just alot easier keeping track with Etools on the phone. Agree about foodeducate!

I have been using MFP , a notebook, and a Weightwatcher's calculator and it works great, if I could stick with it.
  • dreamjo
    Options
    I wish they would update Etools too AND their database. MFP has so much more in it's database!

If you guys are on WW online, my screename on there is Dreamjo as well!
  • leebaser
    leebaser Posts: 38
    Options
    Great thread, the kind of info I was looking for. I'm on WW Online, and my wife uses MyFitnessPal. I like the PP system over straight calories, but my wife is doing quite well. And frankly, I think $18 is rather stiff. I prepaid for four months, so I don't know what I'll do at the end.

It's good to hear folks like the community at MFP. I'm finding a few rather aggressive old timers on WW Online who seem to take it personally when someone wants to know the "why" of things and not just "WW says".