April Challenge

Options
ginnylee74
ginnylee74 Posts: 398 Member
Good evening or morning all,

I am going to do a challenge for the month of April. It is exercise hours. Beginner 30 hrs for the month. Intermediate 40 hrs for the month and advanced 50 hours for the month. (See the Group name below.) It would be fun if we all could enter the challenge.

See you there:. :drinker:

Group Name: :smile: Message Boards » April Challenge (3 Different Levels You Choose) :smile:

Replies

• Punkicoleman
    Punkicoleman Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I can exercise an hour a day, every day but Sunday, but that is all the time I have, except on Fridays when we go out dancing for several hours after work. I wish I were retired so I could spend a lot more time working out, but I also love my job and think it keeps me young and sharp.
  • khaapala
    khaapala Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm up for a challenge, but it must be do-a-ble for me. Realistically, I am in a VERY beginner level... like 10 hours/month. I admire and applaud your energy and enthusiasm but don't know if anyone else wants to set a goal of 10 hours/month????
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I would like to try to up my exercise to an hour a day (except on Sunday). Have lots of medical stuff going on for hubby and me next month but would like to add my name to the challenge.
  • graycatbird
    graycatbird Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join the challenge, but realistically, I'm doing about as much exercise as I can do, timewise. I exercise about an hour and 15 minutes five times a week, on Sundays I often do two exercise classes, which would bump it up by an hour a week. Well, actually, that comes up to almost 30 hours per month -- maybe 28. But it would be pretty hard to get any higher than that. So I guess I'll have to skip this challenge, and join in another one at some point!

Sue
  • ginnylee74
    Options
    Hi all,

I don't know if I can do 30 hours for the month or not. I went to the challenge sight and joined just to have a challenge to help me get off my tush. It's just like logging what I eat. If I don't make the challenge of 30 hours for the month, at least I am reminded to do something each day. Or at least an average for the month. I even count cleaning house. :wink: This morning I got on a tear changing my living room around and while I only logged 60 mins for calories burned, I actually was at it for at least 2 hours. Vacuuming, polishing, rearranging furniture. Then I started on my office. So I am counting another hour for a total for 3 hours today. I would log that on the challenge for one of the days.:drinker: .

Tomorrow, Sunday I won't have any real exercise so this will help. I just thought it might be fun to see actually how much exercise we do for the month. Jamie will do a folder for everyone. If you change your mind just go to the group and add your name and the hours.. :smile:

Group Name: ...... April Challenge (3 Different Levels You Choose)

Have a nice "rest of the weekend" :drinker:

Ginny :flowerforyou:
  • graycatbird
    graycatbird Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Actually, I think I'll join in! I may not get to 30 hours, but, as you said, Ginny, it'll be interesting to see how much I do. And it'll be motivating to try to get as close as I can. Thanks, Ginny!
  • Punkicoleman
    Punkicoleman Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    As it is, I probably do about an hour a day when you add up my floor exercises, circuits and stretching. By the first of April, it will probably be warm enough that we can take walks after work, which will increase it even more. Moreover, we will be taking a samba class one night a week and dancing at least one other.

April is a key month for me as we leave for San Jaun, PR, on the 28th for our cruise, and if I don't fit into my cruise wardrobe, I will have to go naked. :noway:

Step one will be to see where I am when I return home on the 25th of March and then we will see how much I will have to lose and tone before April 28th. So far, I have been pretty darn good here in Switzerland.

When we were doing Power 90, they really stressed the importance of giving your body a day to rest every week, especially from strength training, so on the weekend, we will have to do more walking and dancing.

Thank you all for being here and encouraging me on my journey. :love:
  • daisydarling
    daisydarling Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I am trying where you have the April challenge.
    Daisydarling
  • ginnylee74
    Options
    Ok, we can do this.

Daisydarling, I so glad you're going to give it a try. It should keep us motivated to get moving just a bit harder. I always want to do better than my own self in challenges. But I do need the challenge.:bigsmile:

Graycatbird: You are very welcome. I'm happy that you changed your mind. We will have fun getting with it.:laugh:

Punki: You do so much exercise already, I certainly can understand with all you have going on in the month of April you probably don't need anything else. Let us know if your change you mind. Still have another week.:flowerforyou:

So now, we have Amflautist, Daisydarling, Graycatbird, and me. Possibly Punki.:smile::smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

We will have fun and hopefully lose a bit of weight and will definitely feel better. How could we not?:love:
  • ginnylee74
    Options
    I'm up for a challenge, but it must be do-a-ble for me. Realistically, I am in a VERY beginner level... like 10 hours/month. I admire and applaud your energy and enthusiasm but don't know if anyone else wants to set a goal of 10 hours/month????

Well, we would love to have you. You could do the 10 hours and then go over and exceed your own challenge if you wanted or not. It's mainly to have a challenge to do. What do you think?:wink:

Should be fun.

Ginny
  • daisydarling
    Options
    Hi,
    Where do I find the April challenge and is there a place to post our hrs starting for the 1st of April?
    Daisydarling
  • steppingstones
    Options
    Ginny - You didn't notice my name , so think I will stick to my own challenge of 45 minutes this month and work up to 60.
  • galebran
    galebran Posts: 13
    Options
    I am like punki I work a fulltime job but I could get out at lunch and add some walking time to my water arobics time. Hopefully this will make me step it up a bit while the weather is so nice. So count me in!
  • ginnylee74
    Options
    Ginny - You didn't notice my name , so think I will stick to my own challenge of 45 minutes this month and work up to 60.

Hi everyone,
    I am so terrible at names and remembering who I've said what to. Forgive me.

I'm sorry, sometimes I forget. :blushing: Senior moments.:cry: Whatever you decide to do. You can still join. :bigsmile:

I will post the challenge address and you can sign up there and Jamie will take care of the rest. Check out the posts already there.

I think most of you have already signed up you just have to log starting in April. You go to the Group and follow the directions.

Ginny:flowerforyou:

Go to Groups: April Challenge (3 different levels - you choose) Join the GROUP then you're all set.
  • steppingstones
    Options
    :wink: No problem...my life is one senior moment after another.
  • poli22
    poli22 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I think that I will join the challenge as well.:happy: I am doing about 50 min three days a week on the tread mill, and about 70 min 3 days a week swimming, but I need that one day a week off. Will see how it goes, just let me know what I need to do.
  • khaapala
    khaapala Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    OK... I'm taking up a 10 to 11 hr. challenge.... but I am confused. Is there a place to log in other than this "April Challenge" group?
    Who is Jaimie?

Sorry...:ohwell:
  • smackadoodle
    smackadoodle Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    So we begin in April? This will help me ratchet up the exercise hours which I need to do to lose.
    I am in!
  • daisydarling
    Options
    Hi,
    I am going to try the 30hrs April challenge.
    Daisydarling
    Sat 03/31/12 07:38 AM
    Jamie - 50 hours
    Jessica - 30 hours
    Jackie - 40 hours
    Serena - 40 hours
    Alicia - 30 hours
    Ginny - 30 hours
    Olive - 30 hours
    Taylor-40 hours
    Jillian- 30 hours
    Becky 30 hours
    Libby 30 hours
    Mandy 30 hours
    Milica- 40 hours
    Hilary - 30 hours
    Tracy - 30 hour
    Michelle - 30 hours
    Alexis - 30 hours
    Kasi 40 hours
    Susan 30 hours
    Renee - 30 hours
    Colette - 30 hours
    Jules - 40 hours
    Laura - 30 Hours
    amflautist - 30 hours
    Daisydarling 30hrs
  • daisydarling
    Options
    Hi,
    I am going to join the April Challenge. I will try and to the 30hrs.
    Sat 03/31/12 07:38 AM
    Jamie - 50 hours
    Jessica - 30 hours
    Jackie - 40 hours
    Serena - 40 hours
    Alicia - 30 hours
    Ginny - 30 hours
    Olive - 30 hours
    Taylor-40 hours
    Jillian- 30 hours
    Becky 30 hours
    Libby 30 hours