Sidney Crosby - Return

Options
napalm684
napalm684 Posts: 18 Member
Just announced:

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=621986&navid=DL|PIT|home

What does everyone think? I believe we can now catch the Rangers and we are definitely Stanley Cup favorites. Let's just hope Bylsma doesn't mess with the Geno, Kunitz, Neal line!

Replies

• RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Hopefully he stays back! Clearly with a 9 game win streak we are doing pretty good without him, but he's a good player and it sucks that he spends so much time injured.
  • csarv
    csarv Posts: 5
    Options
    i'm always leary when he comes back, because i feel that geno relaxes a bit. oh and they always change the lines around. i know we will be a better team regardless, but at this point, i'm worried about him rocking the boat with his presence.
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I obviously want to see him come back and play at his potential level! Geno is ON FIRE, though, as is Neal!!! I really hope they put Sid on Staal's line. I think it can work.
  • Steelheart7
    Steelheart7 Posts: 1,056
    Options
    Hi! Are girls allowed in here?? I just found out he was returning Thursday for the Rangers game and I am so excited! Although I do agree that Geno does tend to slack off when Crosby is around .. hopefully Sid will just add to an already great team and make us unbeatable. It looks like he will be on with Cooke and Kennedy from that link .. at least for now to ease him back in.

Gunna be great!
  • napalm684
    Options
    Haha yes Helovesme87 everyone and anyone can join the group a pens fan is a pens fan ;-)

I too am a bit concerned about the line combinations. Starting him out with Cooke and Kennedy is a good idea but that will only temporarily avoid the situation. Geno does slack off with Sid around, but I think this year is a bit different. Geno knows he is in the hunt for MVP and the Art Ross, I cannot see him giving up those big opportunities even with Sid here. He definitely is the best player in the league and I think he will want to defend that at all costs.

I will be curious to see if they limit Sid's minutes tomorrow. I think that will be the most telling part of how he is. At least they don't have to throw him into the deep end right away (ie: straight into the playoffs).
  • csarv
    csarv Posts: 5
    Options
    i have heard that putting him on the third line is to ease him back in and limit his minutes played. which is good. i think that easing him back in will be beneficial, but like you said, it's only a temporary solution. i don't want to see them continue to move him around and switch the lines up. but in Disco I trust. Should be a really good game tomorrow night! we need to take those points from them, there are still a lot of games to play!! i love the end of the season and playoffs.
  • Steelheart7
    Options
    TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!!!!!! Woot woot! :drinker:
  • napalm684
    Options
    Indeed, too bad it isn't at home the crowd would blow the roof off the energy center! LETS GO PENS!
  • Steelheart7
    Options
    I wish I could be there!!!!!!