30 minute express

Options
semhe
semhe Posts: 81 Member
Ive been going to PF for over a year now and still have not tried the 30 minute express workout! Has anyone? Do you like the results? I was thinking about trying this out on my lunch breaks next week.

Replies

• LeoMitchell
    Options
    I used to do it 2-3 times a week. I found that it can be a total body workout as long as you keep moving and keep your heartrate up. Most people I see do it only do a few machines and skip the boxes or do all the machines but take a 5-10 minute break in between. Definitely not going to see results doing stuff like that.
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    i used to do it , it works but it strains a lot of your body . it is over all a good work out you just need to stick to it like every other workout
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Love the 30 minutes express workout! I try & do it 3 days per week!.
  • tjw1974
    tjw1974 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I, too, quite like the 30 minute express workout and have noticed positive results from using it. However, I only plan to use it for a little while longer as I get re-accustomed to going to a gym and then will use it when limited on time. It's a good, thorough workout, but there are better cardio and weight training options.

My main issue with the circuit training, however, is how many people use the express workout area for non-circuit training workouts.
  • kessalove
    kessalove Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it yet...looks too intimidating to me...I'd rather use the regular machines and the elliptical and treadmill for cardio.
  • Gary1977
    Options
    I haven't tried it yet...looks too intimidating to me...I'd rather use the regular machines and the elliptical and treadmill for cardio.

It's one hell of a workout, but don't let it itimidate you! I've been doing this since about the 450lbs mark so I'm sure you can too. :smile:
  • ksebastian29
    Options
    I too have been doing it since I started back at PF, however I also get annoyed with those who use the area as they please for non-circuit training. It messes the rest of us up who really want to use for what it's for!
  • Gary1977
    Options
    I too have been doing it since I started back at PF, however I also get annoyed with those who use the area as they please for non-circuit training. It messes the rest of us up who really want to use for what it's for!

OMG!!!!! I know exactly how you feel. The 30 minute express room isn't your personal workout room. If you're not in there to follow the circuit as it's intended, GTFO!!!!!:explode: :angry: :mad: :grumble:
  • whtlatina1214
    Options
    is this like circuit training like jillian michaels like the best to lose weight ...
  • tjw1974
    Options
    My partner and I have actually confronted people who are in the circuit area using it for non-circuit training and messing the rest of us up in our workouts. They tend to be snippy about it, but I've noticed those confronted don't use it for non-circuit training again!
  • Gary1977
    Options
    My partner and I have actually confronted people who are in the circuit area using it for non-circuit training and messing the rest of us up in our workouts. They tend to be snippy about it, but I've noticed those confronted don't use it for non-circuit training again!

Maybe I should start doing this!:drinker: :laugh: This evening I took a friend with me & it was horrible. Almost everyone in there wasn't following the circuit as it was intended. Either aimlessly moving around or only using the weight machines. I'm gonna go postal in there one day!:mad: :explode:
  • LeoMitchell
    Options
    Be sure to bring it up to the attention of the staff as well. They should be monitoring the area and can help you out with people that are in there not using the circuit properly.
  • emileechambers
    Options
    Hey Everyone. :) Does anyone know how many calories the 30 Minute Express burns?
  • whtlatina1214
    Options
    i have been wondering the same thing i dont go over there anymore because i have no idea
  • tjw1974
    Options
    Someone compared the PF 30 Minute Express Workout to Curves Circuit Training. Curves has this website - http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/calories_burned.asp?exercise=151 - which allows you to put in your weight and time spent to figure out how many calories you, personally, burn during circuit training. I used it to figure out the calories, then created my own cardiovascular exercise on here, naming it PF 30 Minute Express Workout and putting in the amount of calories I burn doing it.
  • FitnessBarbie99
    FitnessBarbie99 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    If you enter it in under aerobics as "circuit training, general" you should get a good ballpark on the calories burned.

I'm a 6-footer and I can torch some calories!

I like to do that routine when the gym is crowded and I'm short on time or I haven't done any strength training in a few days. It helps get me back on track. If I have more time, I cherrypick the other machines or do some more cardio. Adding on the ab coaster is good to do as well -- especially if you are in a hurry, which I seem to be most of the time.

I also find that fewer people float into the circuit training area if it's busy. I don't mind if they come in, I just wish they'd get out of the way when someone who is following the plan gets close to them.

I'm going to do the circuit tonight after work!
  • Gary1977
    Options
    Did the 30 minute express again this evening. Took my sister as a guest for the first time. It's funny how someone half my size can't even make it to the end. I think she now has a little more respect for what I do concerning my weightloss,lol:laugh:
  • diana_marie8302
    diana_marie8302 Posts: 84 Member
    Options

I almost lost it yesterday. I was the only 1 in the express area actually there for the express workout. There were about 10 other people in there and totally messing up my flow! Lol I had to skip machines and wait for ones to open up. Not cool. I'd love PF even more if it wasn't for this.
  • stephaneb74
    stephaneb74 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I use it every other day, going more or less intense on the step aerobic part as mu knees can suffer from it sometimes... but I have a heart rate mornitor and no matter what I keep inside the fitness zone (around 75% for me)
    My HRM say I burn an average of 550 calories on the circuit and this number is very close to the estimate MFP gives on circuit training.

I like it, it is a no brainer... start at number one and follow...

I am usually there before 7am so there is rarely people using it... I have too booted some users away for not doing the circuit as intended.... no big deal thay can be all unhappy as they want... I told the guy that if he wanted we could resolve that with the staff but that before he should read the part posted where they say they can revoke his contract....
  • eriemer
    eriemer Posts: 197
    Options

OMG!!!!! I know exactly how you feel. The 30 minute express room isn't your personal workout room. If you're not in there to follow the circuit as it's intended, GTFO!!!!!:explode: :angry: :mad: :grumble:

This 100 times over! I love the 30 minute express but at my PF ppl use it however they want. Some ppl just skip all the step boxes, I esp. hate that, only because all of those machines are out on the regular workout area somewhere. If you just wanted to do those machines GO OUT THERE, AND GET THE HELL OUT OF MY WAY! I see a lot of larger men using them and walking out half way though too, which is better cuz at least they are doing the stuff in order, not skipping around as they please.