Checking in

Options
Punkicoleman
Punkicoleman Posts: 78 Member
I got up and started the day with 25 crunches and 12 push-ups, followed by some leg lifts and bicycle moves. Then I made my coffee and took it back to bed with me. After allowing myself to wake up in a civilized fashion, I went to Curves and did two intense circuits and a long stretch. Now I can go to work.

Breakfast (before the gym) was 2 hard-boiled eggs, and lunch was my leftover salad from last night and some leftover asparagus from the night before.

Now I really do need to go to work.

Replies

• khaapala
    khaapala Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I got up and started the day with 25 crunches and 12 push-ups, followed by some leg lifts and bicycle moves. Then I made my coffee and took it back to bed with me. After allowing myself to wake up in a civilized fashion, I went to Curves and did two intense circuits and a long stretch. Now I can go to work.

Breakfast (before the gym) was 2 hard-boiled eggs, and lunch was my leftover salad from last night and some leftover asparagus from the night before.

Now I really do need to go to work.

WOW. I feel like a real slug --- I'm hoping the sun comes out today so I can get out with the dog for a walk. Do you also do Yoga?
  • Punkicoleman
    Options
    I don't do much yoga any more because my arthritis limits me, but I always do a good long stretch after my work outs. My goal is to increase my acitivity level as I lose more weight and get stronger. Just losing these first 15 pounds has made a huge difference in my ability to move my body.

We hadn't danced from October 17th until just the last few weeks and when we first started back in I was shocked at how difficult it was for me. Now that I have been going to the gym again 5 days a week for two months, and dancing at least once a week, things are starting to get better. Next week we start our tango lessons in an effort to get in top shape for dancing every nigh on our cruise.

Little by little, I'll get back to where I want to be.
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Just wondering Punki, do you do any exercises at the gym that you think are better for getting your legs in shape for dancing? I am trying to get back into dancing also - and I too was shocked at how difficult it is right now. I injured my left knee the first night on the dance floor (MCL twisting injury), and thus the need to improve my leg muscles is immediate.
  • poli22
    poli22 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm now off to the pool to swim for a while, after my granola breakfast. The water is easy on my joints, and swimming doesn't hurt like other things do.:smile:
  • Punkicoleman
    Options
    Oh YIKES, amflautist. I can really sympathize. I once tore a ligament in my left knee trying to spin in tennis shoes on concrete. It doesn't work. That happened in 1999 and I still have issues. My Doc says I can ski bumps once, or dance forever. I chose dancing.

I use all of the leg machines at Curvesn (except the squat machine because of a bag L5 disc) and try to walk a lot. Actually, I find that the best exercise for dancing is more dancing.

This morning I was looking at my thunder thighs in the mirror and decided that as soon as I lose another ten pounds and can see what's really happening with them, I will start in on a toning campaign. My arms are decent, but my thighs are a mess.