Are you a gear queer?

Options
Are you a gear queer? What do you lift with, how often?

Bench suits, squat suits, belts, gloves, straps, wraps?

I use - How Often:
Chalk - all day every day pretty much
Wrist Wraps on Oly lifts and Bench - Oly lifts: always... Bench: ~80% or more,
Belt - not recently, have really enjoyed raw lifting over the last 6 months or so.

Also I'm thinking of buying a squat suit, cause I'm gay like that and want to squat in a unitard in my curl bro gym...any suggestions?

Replies

• jessie_rose24
    Options
    I wear chalk more than lipstick :) Wrist wraps for anything above 135ish overhead...no belt, no gloves, no straps. I am looking into knee sleeves... just havn't made the commitment and I don't have any knee issues at the moment.
  • Cathleenr
    Cathleenr Posts: 332
    Options
    i have never tried chalk, although i hope to have ti find out about it in the near future. i use straps on all my back sets. just put together a contraption consisting of a chain,a pull-down cuff set and some clips (can't think of the official rock climbing term atm) so i can do reverse hypers. ill be adding some velcro strips and clips so i can make some handle-thingys to carry a set of plates around (helps condition my shoulders). i'm gonna need another bag just to bring all the equipment i'm slowly gathering together. :)
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    chalk every day for me. Also, knee sleeves for squatting & deadlifting. I have these rubber hand insert thingies for pullups because I do a LOT & my hands just can't handle it. Ripped a big callus off yesterday doing KB swings after actually :( grrr.

That's all my equipment. I have heaps of other stuff but never use em LOL.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    only chalk right now
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    I use belts, wrist straps (my boyfriend and I combined have about ten different sets), bench shirts, squat suits, we carry around bags of chains, 2x4's taped together (board benching), chalk, bands, I have 2 shirts, while he has like 6-8 different shirts, he uses elbow sleeves here and there, as well as the four pairs of knee wraps for squats and leg presses.. I'm a gear "*kitten*" as they call it. :)
  • gfincher
    gfincher Posts: 6
    Options
    Straps for heavy pulls, and a belt when I go for my heavy sets on squats but thats it. I used to wear gloves, but I think I get a better grip without.
  • ganesha303
    ganesha303 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    only chalk right now

me too.
  • geckofli
    geckofli Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    i feel like a wanker but i like my stuff n things at the gym, gloves to fight the callouses (man hands), pads and gloves with inserts for boxing, journal (cause im retentive about tracking) hrm, interval timer, does perfume count? sometimes the guys in the gym are a bit on the nose (dirty miners i dont think they all shower after work before the gym)
    i dont understand straps im just starting out on the free weights so im not needing straps yet
    and im not going into gym shirts/ shorts or which shoes i like to wear when (:
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    My phone to track my work out (Jefit Pro app), water bottle, and a towel for my brow.
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    chalk, WL shoes, belt over 90%1rm and strap my bad wrist.
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    Pants and water and chalk all that I require!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options

pants that are too long :tongue:
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options

pants that are too long :tongue:

gym shorts were in the wash :grumble: lol