New Group

Options
cyclingben
cyclingben Posts: 346 Member
Thanks for starting this group. I find it helpful when i see other peoples accomplishments.

Replies

• liveonlocation
    liveonlocation Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    It was my pleasure. I like seeing the progress too. This will be much easier to see and compare with all us other big guys. Thanks to all that have joined so far.
  • Aggieman09
    Options
    Yes, I'm glad you got this started with your original thread.

adjusterben...

I noticed your "ride for MS" tag. Do you suffer from MS?
  • missionmeltdown
    missionmeltdown Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Glad this group was started as well! Thanks! Hoping to learn a lot from all of you as this journey continues.
  • cyclingben
    cyclingben Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm glad you got this started with your original thread.

adjusterben...

I noticed your "ride for MS" tag. Do you suffer from MS?

Nope just a great organization and a way to raise money and stay in shape.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    I liked your group description. It's been a while since I broke a lawn chair. I forgot all about that.
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I technically topped out at around 360 before I started losing weight, but the rest of the list? Oh yeah.

I got rear-ended in late December. The rental company brought two different cars to the accident site that I couldn't fit into at all... the tow truck driver finally drove me over to their office so we could find something I could actually drive.
  • whook1981
    whook1981 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    awesome group man !!! It's nice to have a place where "US" big guys for "now" can hang and talk about our problems. Great idea on making this group !!!
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I am only 5'10" so if that does not count as "The Big Men" let me know. I have been 435lbs. in the past and was 400lbs. on 10/11/11. I was down to 385 when I found this website and started posting.
  • craigers13
    craigers13 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I only topped out around 312lbs but at 6'6" I still fit in to all those other descriptions haha. Nice to see a group for the bigger guys :)
  • beebee0925
    beebee0925 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I am so grateful for this group. I joined a gym a few months ago and it comes with a couple of free personal training sessions. My trainer weighed me and I weighed 374 pounds. I've always been big but I've never weighed that much. I started MFP this week and I'm at 366. This is it. I want to be 225 pounds and I'm determined to make it happen.
  • bartusiak
    bartusiak Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. This sounds like a group that I will fit into. My hightest weight was 526.50 lbs. I've been trying to lose most of it for a very long time. It took 10 years to get down to about 450 lbs (with a lot of ups and downs). I joined MFP about 6 months ago and I've been doing pretty good. I'm now down to 367 lbs and I'm going to keep going to at least 211 lbs. We'll see how it goes.
  • gse313
    gse313 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I'm glad I found this group.

I am 6'4" and, although I never quite hit the 400lb. mark, I do know I hit 378 for sure (was probably larger, but I always tried to avoid scales like the plague). I can't say I ever broke a lawn chair, but I can advise you to stay away from the plastic folding chairs at the company holiday parties!! lol

I am starting my journey on this site at 363 and am looking to get down to the 210-220 range.

Anyone wanting to "friend" me can feel free, I would appreciate the additional support.
  • ntw25
    ntw25 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Technically, I have never been 400lbs, but I have struggled with plane seats, been far too big to ride the rollercoaster with my kids and broke a lawn chair at a friends bar-b-q. I come in at 6'1" and 302 lbs (20lbs down from the start). It will be good to check-in with like-minded gents once in a while.