Getting Real with Each Other

Options
VivianRosie
VivianRosie Posts: 23 Member
Hi. How long have you been using MFP? I was wondering when you started. I am looking for a few close MFP friends who will be more vulnerable in their weight loss efforts. Like enhancing our personal profile info with stuff like what follows but just to friends.

My info:
Vivian Drennen
Married to Rex for 19 1/2 years
farmer-homemaker
age 44
4 kids
Family heritage: heart disease, diabetes, phsycological issues, excess weight, lack of exercise, love of food, wonderful spiritual heritage, Christ followers who really live and believe in Biblical teaching.

Starting Weight: 209 lbs
First Goal: 180 lbs
Ideal Goal: 159
Wedding Day : 128 lbs

I would love to have the body I had when I was first married. I was not at all content with what I had at that time and still thought I was fat. Thighs too large. Not enough arm muscle, etc. I am believing God has more for me than I can even ask or imagine. I want to gain a new body with the transformed brain and soul and spirit I have now. Do you want to believe God has better than what you have been living? Can we be women who are exceptional in our trust of Him? Who is on board? Let's make this a real total transformation of body-mind-spirit!

Replies

• childofgod73
    childofgod73 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Can't reply in full right now
    but count me in!!!
  • editnonnalynn
    editnonnalynn Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I will message my info to the responders here! I agree with the need for accountability. I am doing well right now...and I want it to continue even when I need to be carried by my sisters.:happy:
  • VivianRosie
    VivianRosie Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks to you gals for being real and not afraid to put your real weight on your tracker! I admire you.:drinker:
  • davists
    davists Posts: 67
    Options
    I joined MFP in November 2011 at 179.8 and have lost 28.8 pounds with 20 more to go.

I'm 43, married to my husband for 23.5 years. We have 3 children, daughter 22 nursing student, son 20 planning career as firefighter/paramedic, daughter 15 wants to be an elementary school teacher.

I'm a medical assistant, vol. firefighter, and Girl Scout leader.

As a child I never went to church but always believed in our Father in Heaven and his son Jesus Christ. My husband grew up in church and we started attending when our first child was born. After some "political" issues at church we felt disappointed and disillusioned. We quit attending church. When my father-in-law passed away 1.5 years ago I felt a strong call to return to Christ. I feel like the new kid in a new school. So much to learn. I'm praying eveyday to be shown the way.

My desire to lose weight is more a desire to be healthy. I want to stop the family herritage of obesity, diabetes and heart disease.
    The better looking body is a bonus!!!

I would love to be one of your MFP friends.
  • Ksumare
    Ksumare Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My info:
    Krissyn Sumare
    Married to Muhammad for 4yrs 6mos- been together since we were 18
    Dean of Faculty at the University of Advancing Technology
    1 child, son, Josiah
    Family heritage: diabetes, excess weight, deep love for Christ and family.

Starting Weight: 267 lbs
    First Goal: 240 lbs
    Ideal Goal: 175
    Wedding Day : 230 lbs

I love that we are encouraging each other to be more open in our weight loss journey. I know I have learned so much already from the women in this group. Please hold me accountable and help guide me towards success...with love, of course!
  • 1carlyj
    1carlyj Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My name is Carlyce and I am a recovering food addict, with God's grace and help I am overcoming every day! I am becoming a victor daily over food and any other thing that would try to take first place from God.

Married 30 years this year to Mike
    3 kids and 2 grands
    CTE teacher (High school Cosmetology)
    weightloss surgery 7-2004 300 pounds
    loss to 175 in 2006
    re-gain to 249 aug 2011
    right now 217.8
    goal 170 by Sept 2012
  • CrystalT09
    Options
    My name is Crystal and I started out about 135 lbs when I got pg with my first daughter 23 and a half yrs ago. Now after 3 kids, 3 marriges and 12 yrs of being a single parent, now I am at 226 lbs. I tend to bounce between 235 and 225 lbs.

Robin and I have been married for 3 yrs this July (3rd times a charm)
    3 Girls and a granddaughter w down's and 2 grandsons
    I have been a Medical Assistant for 8 yrs
    Starting weight was 228 lbs
    First goal 220 lbs
    2nd goal 200 lbs
    Ultimate goal 150 lbs

I need all the prayer I can get! I have a hard time starting to excercise, I skip meals, I tend to eat large portions whenever I do eat, and I have a bad habit of eating when I am lonely. The last one is going to be my worst enemy right now because my husband just left town to start a new truck driving job after being out of work for 2 and a half yrs. I am so proud of him! But he has been gone 9 hrs and I already miss him!!!!! My goal right now is to lose enough weight by the time he gets back that he really notices.
  • ellyfilho
    ellyfilho Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure when I joined. I joined and never even logged in. I just came back and really stared using MFP March 02, 2012

My info:

Elly Filho
    Married to Chris for 13 years ( we have been together for 18yrs) He is also a Pastor
    Administrative Professional / Youth Bible Study Teacher
    age 32
    3 kids
    Family heritage: heart disease
    Starting Weight: 210 lbs
    Ideal Goal: 140

I have a Goal and with God's Help I will achieve it :)