Were up to 10 members! Introduce yourselves.....

Options
CoachXthea
CoachXthea Posts: 75 Member
Hey guys just wanted to get to know you all. See what programs you are doing. Know how they are going and if you need any motivation or advice?

Replies

• Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm finishing up week 4 (month 1) of Insanity. I've had good results but I want to work with some weights so I'm thinking of starting a P90X/Insanity hybrid for month two. I would substitute P90X's plyo/yoga/kenpo days with Insanity. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to do it or not. I just like the idea of weight lifting and there's no way I have the time to do both programs.
  • CoachXthea
    Options
    I am doing a hybrid. I'm in week three and for the first two weeks on the resistance days I doubled with cardio in the afternoon and did Insanity. This week my body wasn't with it so I subbed Kenpo for Insanity. I hate the Yoga, but I feel that is a much needed part of the program. I am now able to do the tricep dips in Insanity with one leg in the air when before Yoga I could even do one. And this was after a few rounds of Insanity. Do you happen to be on teambeachbody.com? I suck @ finding buddies, but I'm on there at xthea. look me up. maybe we can hybrid together. LOL.
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I just started Insanity today, Fit Test, whew, that's already a killer but it feels GOOD! I am a little concerned about losing definition (I've been rotating Jillian videos for the last year and it seems like they've stopped being effective for me, but I love the toning I've gained from them) so I'll keep doing some strength training on top of it.
    I'm 30, SAHM and student, 5 year wedding anniversary coming up this year and I want to look twice as hot as I did the day I got married ;-) Nice to meet you all - feel free to add me!
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm GlitterMouse. I've been around MFP for a while now and I've had a few cycles of success followed by weeks of distractions (being in hospital, moving, starting new school year, grad school, teaching, etc). I treated myself to Insanity for Christmas and I started it in January, but soon got derailed.

I'm back and I'm five days into it. I mean business this time. I have a goal in mind and it's just over 2 months away.

Glad to be part of this group. =) Let's do this!

~GM
  • CoachXthea
    Options
    Nice to meet you both. Yes. This time I mean business to. I promised myself I would have all my baby weight off before she turns 1. I got to May 31st to do this.
  • Mizzylizzy
    Mizzylizzy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I started insanity yesterday. I've tried it in the past but always quick with in 2 weeks into it. Hoping this time I'll go all the way through with it. Need all the motivation :)
  • brandonvb
    Options
    How is everyone making out with their programs?
  • CoachXthea
    Options
    I'm in recovery week. But I am going to go to the gym and get at least a 1.5 mile run in three days this week and some additional core. I'm also focusing on diet and cleansing. So 1 gallon of water and supplementing one meal with Shakeology and another with Myloplex. Will let you know how it goes.
  • tquig
    tquig Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I have two weeks left of regular P90x, although I have been doing the occasional double with Insanity when I had the time and energy. My wife bought me P90x2 for Valentine's Day (awesome way to say I love you, right?!? haha). Plan to jump into it right after I am done. Not sure after what I've read if there is a good P90x2/Insanity hybrid yet so I will probably just stick it in here and there.
  • CoachXthea
    Options
    I have two weeks left of regular P90x, although I have been doing the occasional double with Insanity when I had the time and energy. My wife bought me P90x2 for Valentine's Day (awesome way to say I love you, right?!? haha). Plan to jump into it right after I am done. Not sure after what I've read if there is a good P90x2/Insanity hybrid yet so I will probably just stick it in here and there.

Yeah we were just discussing or P90X2 plans yesterday. Think we might do one more round of P90X first. I already have it though. I know I'm an addict.