Just joined today

Options
GwenaLW
GwenaLW Posts: 13 Member
Hi, I just joined today. This looks like a great tool! I look forward to getting to know some of you, sharing our successes and struggles and walking this journey together.

I am a single Mom of two teenage sons. I work full time and am also a band Mom at my sons' high school. I absolutely love teenagers! No, I am not crazy (okay, maybe a little), but my son told me last week, "Mom, you should be a Bus Mom. Apparently all the kids love you." Wow! For a teenage boy to say that, I'm floored. But I do love those kids and they know it!

I weighed 107 lbs. before my first pregnancy. Gained 43 with the first and 23 with the second, never took it off, then gained some more. At one point I was all the way up to 204 lbs. I am only 5'2" tall. So, I am definitely in the obese category and my BMI is currently 36. That's at 197.7 pounds as of yesterday.

I want to get to a healthy weight and look and feel good about myself. Hope you will join me in supporting each other!

Gwena

Replies

• SlinkyNewMe
    SlinkyNewMe Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! Good luck on MFP. It is fantastic tool and the support is wonderful too!
  • posbey
    posbey Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!!
  • seguess
    seguess Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi! While I don't have any kids, I am exactly the same height as you and started my journey at 198 lbs. So far, I've lost 25 lbs. If I can do it, you can too! Feel free to add me as a friend.

BTW, I was a band nerd in elementary, junior high, high school, and college. In fact, I still play in a community concert band. YEAH for band parents!
  • GwenaLW
    GwenaLW Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for making me feel so welcome!

I was doing REALLY well yesterday (my first day), but then I did not like the salad dressing (too spicy) so I did not eat the salad, then I was starving, ended up with a migraine, and went back to my old ways for supper.

BUT -- today is a new day! This morning I had bottled water and a breakfast burrito, which I think is something like only 70 calories!! I will enter it and track it in just a second.

Thanks!
    Gwena
  • Callidreamr
    Callidreamr Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi Gwena and welcome. Everyday is a fresh start, so don't beat yourself up! Just recognize what you could have done different and keep it moving. Good luck!