Just Joined!!!

Options
cgamble16
cgamble16 Posts: 4 Member
hi all. just joined this group today! i'm a mom of two boys (8 & 5) -- they def keep me busy and young at heart! i've been using MFP for a few months now. what I LOVE is the app that allows you scan products--- sooooo cool! I'm happy to be part of the "Fab 40 Something Ladies" group! although quickly approaching the latter part of that age group (july bday) and know I need to do something about my weight gain NOW before I get into my 50's, when I hear its even harder to lose. my profile picture was taken in 2010 at a weight I felt great at (135lbs)....... this pic is motiviation to get back there. i'm at 154lbs right now, so 20lbs to go --sounds like an impossibility, as we all know losing is so slow, but i'm just taking it one day at a time...... if anyone has any great tips please pass them on!!! thanks!

Replies

• aodc909297
    aodc909297 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just recently joined this group also. Glad I found it and wish it were a more active group as I think as we age our weight loss challenges are a bit different! I started my journey on January 3, 2012 and have lost a total of 13 pounds (started at 151 and now at 138). I have 13 pounds to go (want to get to 125). So, we are similar in our goals although I'm a bit older (48 in April). Feel free to add me as a friend - we can do this - together. It is hard to change your ways and put yourself FIRST but it is something we have to do. My kids are 21, 19 and 14 so I've been on a back-burner for 21 years straight! It's time for me. Hang in there - you can do it!! Add me if you'd like to.
  • aodc909297
    aodc909297 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    As for tips, that's really a personal choice and depends on what you like to do. I've been doing the 30 Day Shred video by Jillian Michaels, light weight training (need to increase the weights, now) and hiking when weather is suitable to be a great start for me. Eventually I'd love to be a jogger but I've never, ever been one in the past. My only tips to you are to find workouts/exercises you enjoy and won't get bored with; mix it up; stay committed and watch your diet. Logical, isn't it!!!!
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group!!
  • Callidreamr
    Callidreamr Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! I love the myfitnesspal app too. It sucks that watching what you eat is such an important factor in losing weight, especially if you're a foodie like me. The app helps you to stay on track I've been using it off and on, but recently decided to take it more seriously. Good luck!
  • HoosierMomma1
    HoosierMomma1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Just joined last night. I'm a 45 y.o. Married gal with 3 kids, and a super skinny husband. During the last 2 mi ths my scale hasnt moved but I lost 10% body fat. I do high intensity interval training on the elliptical, kettle bells and light weight trying
    Theresa
  • CRVDiva
    CRVDiva Posts: 104
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I think you'll like it here. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me as your friend :)
  • tbskipp
    tbskipp Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the new ladies! Feel free to send me a friend request also.
  • happy_hillery
    Options
    Hi. I'm Hillery. I've been a big girl all my life and now that I'm just about 40, I realize I'm going to have to work super hard to get off the weight and change my life style. Before I found myfitnesspal, I lost 50 pounds over 6 months due to my thyroid being removed and the dreaded d word (diabetes). I'm looking forward to learning from my peers.