Welcome Power Cysters

Options
A cool new place to check in.

Replies

• MsAmazing2u
    MsAmazing2u Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was diagnosed with PCOS over 10 years ago. Sometimes I doubt that I have it, but there are times where the symptoms are there in full force. I believe a healthy has a lot to do with keeping this in control!!!
  • orangemocha10
    Options
    Hi there! I'm new to MFP and just found this group. I'm 23 years old and was diagnosed with PCOS during college, when I suddenly gained almost 20 pounds in ten months and had all of the textbook hormonal issues.

I'm a full-time grad student and work usually seven days a week, but I recently decided that my health has to become a priority or else I'll just keep gaining weight. No thanks!! My goals are to start back into a regular exercise routine and work on my stress snacking habits. Would love to add new friends for support =)
  • bubble1049
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Tiffany, i am 25 and live in vermont. I was diagnosed wish PCOS at 13 :ohwell: I am happily married, we have a great family (one cat (cozmo) and one dog (hunny) as our children) Unfortunately my pcos is pretty severe. I have 32 cysts on one ovary and 27 on the other. I also suffer from a pretty large amount of Hirsutism (totally unfair). Because of my pcos we have been unable to conceive, so now we are working our way to becoming foster parents. I would love to meet some new people on here and to gain some added support in retraining myself to live healthier. If anyone is up for some chat....i'll be here chizzeling away.. Best of luck!
  • getfine2015
    getfine2015 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Tiffany 36 of Memphis TN. I was diagnosed with PCOS 5yrs ago..however I have been suffering with the symptoms since early adulthood....Im unsure of how severe my case is....I have always had scattered menstruals and don't become regular until Im on BC....Newly married 2.5 yrs and with one spoiled rotten furbaby...Lady Dymond a 3yo Shiz tsu.....It has been a challenge conceiving however we aren't throwing in the towel yet......3yrs ago I lost 60lbs and my cycles started back like clock work.....Haven't had another one in 2yrs since I packed on 80lbs...so hopefully losing 120lbs will get me back on BABY MAKING track....
  • anewlifeingrace
    Options
    Thanks for the invite! I am Gina - diagnosed in 2005 - married with three miracle kids! You can live an awesome life with PCOS. I have lost 80-ish pounds and I am NOT letting PCOS have the last word!
  • lyndsiweise
    Options
    Hey Everyone!

My name is Lyndsi!!! I have PCOS- just found out in Sept 2011.

I've lost over 60lbs and am a fitness coach!

I look forward to connecting and happy to help motivate you on your journey :)
  • swilliams979
    Options
    Hey there! I was diagnosed in 2009, and have experienced rapid weight gain, hormonal moodiness and hirsutism (as my main issues). My periods are pretty regular. I workout and eat low glycemic 40/30/30 as much as possible. I'm 32 and have been with my boyfriend for 3 years. I would like to lose weight and have children one day. Unfortunately, PCOS is hereditary in my family. My aunt and cousin (of no relation!) both also have it. I am insulin resistant, as evidenced by the belly fat and spots on my feet.

Anyway! Great check in! I am only on my first week with myfitnesspal and I love it! It's so easy. It really helps me stay on track. The ladies here who have lost so much weight are such an inspiration! I am finding it difficult to lose the weight, but not impossible. I'm trying to step it up and keep myself honestly accountable. I have 100lbs to lose! It's daunting, but I plan to approach it like any other challenge I have overcome and have been proud of. Nice to see everyone here!
  • Meganks1011
    Options
    Hi, my name is Megan. I was diagnosed PCOS early 2010 shortly after having my son. I put on a lot of weight during the pregnancy and havent been able to lose it afterwards which is causing my symptoms to worsen over time. I'd love to lose the weight, get back into shape, and possibly be able to have another child some day. Looking for all supporters, and friends, to travel this journey with.
  • jenny2steps
    jenny2steps Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invite! I am Gina - diagnosed in 2005 - married with three miracle kids! You can live an awesome life with PCOS. I have lost 80-ish pounds and I am NOT letting PCOS have the last word!
  • jenny2steps
    jenny2steps Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    That's amazing, good for you. Have you been or are you on Metformin?
  • joykoe
    joykoe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! Im Joyce. I've struggled with weight since I was young. I was my heaviest after my first son was born 21 yrs ago. Then I lost about 50 pds and kept if off for a very long time even after having my youngest son 11yrs ago. While I was pregnant with him I found out I had polycystic ovaries. I also have T2 diabetes in my family. I was finaly diagnosed with insulin resistance a couple of years ago and put on Metformin 500mg X2. Now that Im getting a little older it has turned into metabolic syndrome, I have high blood pressure too, and my old ways of dieting just dont work. I tried Atkins this week. I did lose 4 pds but by day 5 I felt like I was dying from nausea and the horrible taste in my mouth. I was so sick I sat and cried to my family. That cant be healthy. So, I'm still going low carbs but not that low. Trying the insulin resistance diet and keeping glycemic load in mind. Im also on 500mg of metformin twice daily and Id like to lose 21 - 26 pds to be back at a healthy BMI.

Im trying for no more then 30 carbs per meal paired with protein. That is part of the IR diet but it also seems to work well for me. I need to have things like fruit, oats, low carb flat bread or whole grain type foods or my stomach, and all around body, just feels horrible.

Looking forward to meeting all of you on this board.