Week 4

Options
jdthurm
jdthurm Posts: 16 Member
Kudos to everyone who is close to completing their P90X. Is there anyone out there who still has around 8 weeks to go? I would benefit from a couple of accountability partners. It's my first time through P90X. I'm doing classic and just had my first Core Synergistics last night.

Replies

• Timarling
    Timarling Posts: 80
    Options
    You can always just bump the week 4 posts from before if you would like. Don't have to be on the same week as someone to still be held accountable. For instance, I still remember how sore my lower back felt after my very first core synergistics routine. The 'stocking the shelves' maneuver was tougher than it seems!
  • jdthurm
    Options
    I didn't like kempo that much the first couple of times through but I'm starting to like it now. The time seems to fly by for such a good calorie burn.
  • Danasummers09
    Options
    I'm at the end of week two. I have had a hard time with not doing it if I am busy that day. I know I have an extra hour of doing nothing but I just cant seem to make myself get up and do it if I was busy all day
  • Timarling
    Options
    But isn't that what it's all about? Everyone has the time in their life for this, they just don't want to face it. As soon as you get home, do your workout. So what if you have to eat dinner later, that's why there are so many snacks built in. Just make sure to eat your snack later in the afternoon. There are people who decide that no matter what they have to do it at 5:30 AM or it just doesn't happen. Seems you might be falling into that boat. Eventually your body starts to enjoy the exercise - you just have to have the willpower to get to that point.
  • sandy_taylor13
    sandy_taylor13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with TIm. If you really want it, you will find a way. I have 2 kids and a husband I have to get up and out the door every morning at 5:30am. I do my Insanity work out til 7:00am, then I go to work full time as a lawyer and then when i get home my husband and I do P90X (the kids jump in to, its fun). If we have sports or something with the kids we do that and then do our P90X work out. Its pretty rare that we dont get the work out in because we are dedicated to this year being the Year of Fitness. Everyone has an hour (or two) somewhere in the day. That's my 2 cents. Good luck....AND KEEP PUSHING PLAY!!!
  • jdthurm
    Options
    Completed week 4 and starting week 5 tonight! Danasummer, I just try not to let myself watch any TV or doing anything time-wasting activities on the computer until after I've completed my workout. Since I need to let dinner settle I will set an alarm for about 45 - 60 minutes after I'm done with dinner. When the bell rings it's game on. After the workout I reward myself with an episode of Big Bang Theory or something with the family. Use whatever will motivate you and hold it as a reward for a good workout. I have to say that tracking my food on myfitnesspal has also helped motivate because when I exercise I can have a snack or two and still come in under my calorie and fat goals. On a rest day I find I have to be a little more picky about portions and that's a hassle.
  • Timarling
    Options
    You can also watch tv/hulu/netflix/whatever while you workout. I find that the extra distraction passes the time very well.