So glad this group is here

Options
ValerieMcGaha
ValerieMcGaha Posts: 12 Member
I have been struggling with emotional eating myself and beat myself up over it. It usually happens at night around the last couple of hours I am awake. I don't know if it is because I am just tired (I get up at 5am) or some other emotional reason. So glad this group is here.

Replies

• nibbynoo
    nibbynoo Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Can't believe no one else had started one yet!

My bad time is weekends, I get up late and just want a massive bowl of pasta for breakfast! (gross I know!)
    Evenings are the worst! tv and binging is all i wanna do!
  • jaquwa
    jaquwa Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Weekends and evenings are the worst for me too!
    On a Sat night I love to watch a film or TV with a massive bowl of chicken wings and sour cream, and I didn't realise how many calories were in them until about 6 weeks ago when I logged them on here.....oopps!
    I have been really good for the past 3 weeks though and found that having 3 meals and 3 snacks has really worked, especially at the weekend. I also try and plan things in the periods when I would normally eat (e.g. Sat night or Sunday afternoon!)
    I'd be interested to see what other people do to try and stop it.
  • kellyjervis
    Options
    Evenings are my "weak" time too. It's worse if my hubby's on a late shift; I've already had dinner but then whilst making his I'm very tempted to just have something as well,for no reason!
    Tonight I'm painting my nails (he's making his own dinner!) so if I don't want to mess up my nails then I can't eat......:wink:
  • jaquwa
    jaquwa Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Evenings are my "weak" time too. It's worse if my hubby's on a late shift; I've already had dinner but then whilst making his I'm very tempted to just have something as well,for no reason!
    Tonight I'm painting my nails (he's making his own dinner!) so if I don't want to mess up my nails then I can't eat......:wink:

What a fab idea, I will do this tomorrow afternoon!
  • Vickipointer
    Options
    I too am so glad found this group. I am a nurse and work nights...i graze all night ling at work and now find myself doing this at home. My husband says...are you eating again?...it is embarrasing. I have gained 40 piunds over 5 years and was already 20there something piunds over. I work full time and am in school full time...gotta step away from the kitchen and find some other way to comfort myself...i hope this group will help me through this! So...hello all
  • ValerieMcGaha
    ValerieMcGaha Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Vicki, you sound very busy. Do you get enough rest? I have heard that if you don't get enough rest then that can cause weight gain. Just a thought. Of course, looking at your profile picture, you don't look overweight at all. You are beautiful! Love your haircut.
  • Ink_girl85
    Ink_girl85 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Seems like everyone has the same problem LATE NIGHT SNACKING!!! Well you're not alone I am so bad at that. It's like as soon as I got to bed and turn on the t.v I'm wishing I had a bowl of chicken ramen noodles or a massive bag of chips. I guess it's also a boredom thing too, If I'm bored I automatically check the fridge! Guess I need to get a hobby!!
  • Trutra
    Trutra Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Funnily enough, I am not an evening eater. Mine is late afternoon, especially just after work. I have discovered I cannot go shopping for food after work. I tend to buy it all and eat half in the car on the way hoem!
  • Minnie92x
    Minnie92x Posts: 107
    Options
    Yeah i've had such a healthy day was doing so well... then just ate 5 chocolates :(
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I am horribel when bored / infront f TV or not paying attention
    so I try to keep busy ( pole dancing / cycling / hula hooping / sewing / reading) i try not to just watch TV I apint my nails ( can't eat with wet nail polish! ) or do sit ups in the ad breaks or have something to do other than weat while watching TV it's the only way i can help myself
    and not having a credit card at work helps with the 3pm munchies