It's BALL time!!

Options
lovinmysoldier
lovinmysoldier Posts: 156 Member
I have to say, our first ball was at Ft Hood, TX and it left much to be desired. We are now in Ft Irwin, CA and we reluctantly went to the ball last year, but it was at Disneyland Hotel and figured it would be a good excuse to combine a family trip and the ball. We actually had a really good time and we had only been here a few months. Now this year, we have tons of friends, my parents are coming to watch kids and its in VEGAS!! Oh I can't wait. Less than a month to go! I borrowed a dress from a friend, it's a Thursday in Vegas so rooms are super cheap, grandparents have childcare duty, hubby already has his blues so the only real expense is getting my hair done which I never did before because we had to pay so much for everything else. We've got a great group of friends that we are doing our own cocktail hour to avoid the crazy prices at the bar and then hitting the town after. I've never been this excited!!

Anyone else have fun ball experiences to share???

ETA: PLUS I"M SKINNY THIS YEAR!! So I love the way I look in just about everything right now.

Replies

• secoke
    secoke Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My first and only "ball" experience was when my husband was in ROTC lol! The ball for our battalion is soon but they only have so many tickets so not everyone that wants to go can. The few people we know aren't going so I'll be sitting it out, maybe I'll see if he wants to go to the ball when they return from deployment next year.