what the actual hell is wrong with me? lol

toriaenator
toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
Every guy I fall in love with ends up gay. Every guy that approaches me turns out horrible.

I have loved 2 guys, dated them both. They both broke up with me for some vague reason. Then, a few months later, one started hooking up with guys and is now fully gay. The second just told me a few weeks ago that he is gay.

Three guys have made moves on me in the past year or so. One took advantage of me when I was drunk. One used me, and the last is a complete stalker and will not leave me alone despite the fact that I was extremely clear that I wanted nothing to do with him.

I'm honestly so frustrated and confused, its to the point where I'm repulsed by all guys and am convinced I will never find a straight guy that I will love.

Replies

• PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    :happy:
    Don't bother, I'm quite sure plenty of straight ones are waiting nice girl like out :drinker:
    What are 2 guys when we are around 7 billions on earth :) You have imho everything guys would look for - are you actually meeting people ?
  • Katefab26
    Katefab26 Posts: 865
    Sigh....that is the problem with us girls. We ALWAYS assume the problem lies with us.

It's not you. They were confused about their sexual orientation. Not your fault.

You're gorgeous. :flowerforyou:
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    She is definitely more than gorgeous
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Sigh....that is the problem with us girls. We ALWAYS assume the problem lies with us.

It's not you. They were confused about their sexual orientation. Not your fault.

You're gorgeous. :flowerforyou:

This^^^ Nothing WHATSOEVER to do with you! Laugh about it and move on! Guys dont just 'turn' gay, they ARE gay! They probably wanted a beautiful trophy girlfriend to prove their hetero!! However, as most gay guys will tell you, this is just a cover up. Keep on, keeping on, the right guy is out there :love:
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    I don't see anything wrong with you on the surface.

I've had times where I thought I was witty and charming with a woman and she was unresponsive to me. I wondered what was wrong, and then I'd later find out she was lesbian. Keep in mind that the couple of times this has happened that these were very feminine looking ladies. And my experiences happened earlier in the process, before we got physical.

You may want to look for guys with masculine hobbies like fixing motorcycles.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Perhaps when they are with you, they experience the ultimate relationship bliss... And they know no moment in a relationship is ever going to top this moment with you - so they break up and become gay (all relationships with women become meaningless and tasteless from this moment, but they live with the foolish hope that they can reach the same bliss with men).
    Some guitarists do that, once they know they won't be able to top a particular stage performance in the same conditions: they break their guitar - to immortalize the moment, and next time they try with a different guitar.

Or maybe they're just gay.
  • Steelheart7
    Steelheart7 Posts: 1,056

I've had times where I thought I was witty and charming with a woman and she was unresponsive to me. I wondered what was wrong, and then I'd later find out she was lesbian. Keep in mind that the couple of times this has happened that these were very feminine looking ladies. And my experiences happened earlier in the process, before we got physical.

OMG .. you just reminded me of something .. this is NO LIE. I got into a car accident when I was like 22ish .. I took my car to a local guy, owned his own body shop, owned musclely cars, 2 motorcycles etc. He told me I could pick up my car on after a certain date, so I stopped by one day without calling .. and he was dressed as a girl! Blond wig, short shorts, heels, makeup .. the whole bit. He saw me and took off running. I didn't know what to do!!! He yelled that the keys were in it and I never went back there ever again. I was horrified.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    @toriaenator. Sometimes things happen for a reason, which we don't always understand at the time. Did you learn anything from these experiences or specific people? If so, then focus on how you've grown as you move forward.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member

OMG .. you just reminded me of something .. this is NO LIE. I got into a car accident when I was like 22ish .. I took my car to a local guy, owned his own body shop, owned musclely cars, 2 motorcycles etc. He told me I could pick up my car on after a certain date, so I stopped by one day without calling .. and he was dressed as a girl! Blond wig, short shorts, heels, makeup .. the whole bit. He saw me and took off running. I didn't know what to do!!! He yelled that the keys were in it and I never went back there ever again. I was horrified.

LOL @ this story Helovesme.

Hobbies are not a 100% indicator, but they are a decent indicator. I would say not to rush to judgment based on one hobby alone, but look at the whole picture.
  • Neigh2012
    Neigh2012 Posts: 44 Member
    Every guy I fall in love with ends up gay. Every guy that approaches me turns out horrible.

I have loved 2 guys, dated them both. They both broke up with me for some vague reason. Then, a few months later, one started hooking up with guys and is now fully gay. The second just told me a few weeks ago that he is gay.

Three guys have made moves on me in the past year or so. One took advantage of me when I was drunk. One used me, and the last is a complete stalker and will not leave me alone despite the fact that I was extremely clear that I wanted nothing to do with him.

I totally know how that goes! The only guy I've actually loved claims to be bi, but won't actually have anything to do with girls. I'd be with him and he'd flirt with the guys more than me. But yes, generally it is not your fault that they're gay. it just took them awhile to figure it out for themselves. And with the straight guys being douches, yep, know that too. It's just a matter of finding the right ones. Keep lookin! :)
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH omg that just made my day.
    Thanks everyone...I guess I'm just drawn to more feminine guys for some reason...mabe cuz they don't scare me like those other dbags did... I guess ill see who life brings me too ><
  • Katefab26
    Katefab26 Posts: 865

Thanks everyone...I guess I'm just drawn to more feminine guys for some reason...mabe cuz they don't scare me like those other dbags did... I guess ill see who life brings me too ><

Hmm. I know what you're saying, but be careful about labeling all men who aren't femme as dbags. It's not the case, and makes you sound bitter. I mean, really, how annoyed do we get at men who label all women as psychos? It's kinda the same thing...
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member

Hmm. I know what you're saying, but be careful about labeling all men who aren't femme as dbags. It's not the case, and makes you sound bitter. I mean, really, how annoyed do we get at men who label all women as psychos? It's kinda the same thing...

Ironically, the hardcore metro guys are usually labeled as the d-bags, think Jersey Shore.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    Your picker is broke. Try not dating for a little while and think about what it really is that you want in a relationship. Then, think about what characteristics you see in others that will give you what you want in a relationship. Then, start over again.
  • sdrawkcabynot
    sdrawkcabynot Posts: 462 Member
    As a gay guy - I have been secure with myself for a long while now - but I think a lot of other guys are so scared to admit it, or deal with the backlash from friends and family - that they try dating really hot girls hoping that they can be "converted" so they don't have to go through the "coming out" stage.

It's not your fault! If anything - take it as a compliment that they tried to make it work with you even though they had feelings for guys the whole time.