Sex as exercise?

Options
Ksumare
Ksumare Posts: 62 Member
Had a question posed to me tonight by one of our group members, so I want to throw it out there. Does anyone log sex as exercise? If so how do you calculate calories? We are women of God, but let's please not ignore the facts that we all have husbands and CHILDREN, which means we are all sexual beings from time to time. If you have found calculations that would help please share.

Also if there are any other alternative types of physical activities you are counting towards exercise that we might not be thinking about please share.

Replies

• estarz8
    estarz8 Posts: 2
    Options
    That's a very good point because I do agree but how would one know how many calories they burn although I had read a lot into burning calories and sex is a way to burn off a lot of calories. If anyone knows of a way to find out I would appreciate it although I understand it might be kind of hard. God bless
  • chefswife_00
    Options
    That's a great question!! I would love to log that!! LOL!:love:
  • davists
    davists Posts: 67
    Options
    You do burn calories, but sex is not a true "work out". It does not replace a cardio exercise.

Here is a web site that has a calorie burning calculator http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc.
    You can then create your own exercise under exercise tab, and then click my exercise, and click create exercise. Name it what you want, and save or you can adjust one of the preset exercises such as aerobic, general.

Remember that any activity that is more than your normal day burns extra calories. Example: I'm a medical assistant is a doctor’s office, if on my day off I clean the house, I don’t consider that as extra because it is about the same as working, but if I mow the yard with a push mower (I have about 1 acer to mow) than I count that as extra because it is a more strenuous activity. Be careful that you don’t over estimate the number of calories you burn with extra activity; you don’t want to sabotage yourself by over estimating.
  • jenallman
    jenallman Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I was using FitDay.com for a while and it does list sexual activity as an exercise you can log.

It lists:
    "sexual activity passive, light effort (kissing, hugging)" 10 min=10 calories
    "sexual activity general, moderate effort" 10 min=13 calories
    "sexual activity active, vigorous effort" 10 min=15 calories
  • TrishaGuy
    TrishaGuy Posts: 63
    Options
    Funny this subject should come up. My husband just asked me last night if there was a listing for sex.....of course I had to look....there was not :/ . I do however have a fitbit so as soon as I figure out where to clip it I will get back with numbers :) .
  • Ksumare
    Ksumare Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    hahaha, yeah let us know, perhaps on your hair tie?? lol
  • ellyfilho
    ellyfilho Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've heard that you can lose up to 300 calories depending on how long and what types of movement.
    I don't really agree ( sorry if this is inappropriate ) but If that was the case I should be very skinny :blushing: :blushing:
    I would also be embarrassed to post it and people would be able to see on my Log :bigsmile:
  • GeorgiaDaughter
    GeorgiaDaughter Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I haven't even thought about logging something like that. That's just a extra plus added to my day lol. Besides, I doubt if it adds up to a lot.