What is your bride workout

Options
amylynna1
amylynna1 Posts: 152 Member
Hello Everyone, just checking in with everyone, what sort of workout are you doing to get in great shape for your big day? Cardio? Strength? Intervals?

I am doing bootcamp. cardio intervals, longs of squats, burpees, upper body with weights.

Any recommendations?

Replies

• ahmpierce1
    ahmpierce1 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies -

At present I am doing P90X and Running...with a little Spinning mixed in when I can. I try to workout 6 days a week for about an hour.

I am trying to stick to 1200 calories a day (and i eat my exercise calories back...so more like 1700). But, with all this wedding stuff going on, I haven't been amazing at sticking to this. I have to get back on track!
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I try to do something different every day. I do a lot of interval training on the treadmill, stairclimber or Spin bike.
    I lift weights (quite heavy) 2-3x a week (1 day chest/triceps, 1 day back/biceps, 1 day legs/shoulders/abs)
    Usually my workouts Mon-Fri are 60-90 minutes and on the weekend 90-120 minutes
    I workout 6-7 days a week
    I have a half marathon coming up on 3/25 so I'm prepping for that, also
    I eat 1650 calories a day regardless of my burn (well, on the weekends I tend to eat a little higher as we go out once or twice)
    I've limited my alcohol intake BIG TIME! I now only drink once every couple months
  • tabatha_burris
    Options
    I do a workout video set called the wave! Its made by the firm and I love it! They have multiple setting on the dvds so I can workout for 10 20 30 or 40 mins whatever I have time for! But They also have a sheldure in the book that comes with it and thats what I usually go by. The workout is designed to burn calories for a period of 24 hours and its working for me and I love it!!!!
  • LittleMissAlx
    LittleMissAlx Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    My aim is to run 3X every week (of various lengths, and one is sprint intervals), I do a circuits class at least 1 day a week, and I swim 1 day a week as well. I'm looking into starting doing some yoga as well, but it's a bit of a nightmare to fit it all in, lol.

I'm on about 1700 calories per day, but at the moment I don't eat back my exercise calories, because I need to lose about 5lb (but I'm at uni and I don't survive well on 1200 a day, lol).
  • erinpickering12
    erinpickering12 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    right now, I'm just trying to get into a routine of getting to the gym - I know that to lose what I want - 40-60 pounds in 103 days, I will have to KICK my butt - but I know that if I kill myself at the beginning, I probably won't stick with it. So, I'm trying to ease my way into a routine. Right now, I have zumba on Thursday and Saturday and Pilates on Monday - but other than that, I don't have a routine. But I know I need to be in the gym on the other days at least doing cardio.
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing Zumba Wii 3x a week, and was supposed to start Couch to 5K this week, but it's been raining all week here. =/ I'm signed up to do the 30 Day Shred for April, so once April 1st gets here, I'll be doing the 30DS every day, with Couch to 5K 3x a week.
  • GMPetti82
    GMPetti82 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I teach Zumba 4 days a week, so some weeks that is all I do. My wedding is in 51 days, so I'm hoping to start Ripped in 30 sometime soon, but i often have trouble fitting it into my schedule when I work at night most days. A lot of times I just do a weight routine at lunchtime at the weight room in my office.