Make up tips for looking younger ...

Options
I realize that all of you are younger than me. However, some of you are approaching that 40 year mark where you want to start looking younger -- not older. I know that there are some awesome gals in this group -- at least 1 professional make up artist.

Please share your best tips! I can use all the help I can get! Your advice about foundation is especially sought. Presently I wear none. I just use a ton of skin care products, and like a natural, non made-up look. However, I do spend about 30 minutes getting this non made up look together every morning. So adding foundation, would not be a huge problem.

I've already added some lighter colors to my eye palette (Tarte rim illuminator is great) , and am using highlighters (Benefit Cosmetics) , that sort of thing.

Please help!

Replies

• Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    primer primer primer! Getting the skin good and hydrated, preparing it well will do so much for how the makeup looks. Go with creamier foundations, avoid powders and for lips opt for brighter not darker ;) Don't be afraid of blush to warm your complexion, but that old "smile and put it on the apples" is a far less useful trick as we age - when we stop grinning, our blush color can often end up too low on the face, pulling it down. You can also go to a department store or MAC store if there's one nearby and get a free lesson! Where I work the lessons are free during the week and they are SO much fun! yay for makeup!
  • tretheb
    tretheb Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am 43 and have started getting chemical peels ... i love them and they make my skin so soft ...
  • aegisprncs
    aegisprncs Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I am 45 and couldn't stand my skin any longer. It wasn't smooth, started getting age spots, fine wrinkles and more acne, so I went and splurged and got laser resurfacing this past Thur. I am still healing, but I can't wait to see and feel the results! If anyone has any experience with this, I'd love to hear about your experience.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    I am 38 and haven't changed up my make-up so much as I have changed how I take care of my skin. I use a day moisturizer with SPF and have added a Roc retinol eye cream to hopefully avoid the lines and crow's eyes I don't want! And I switched to a more intensive night cream, an Olay cream but I can't think right now exactly what it is.