What are some of your tall fears?

Options
I am absolutely terrified of getting a hunchback as I grow older because I am constantly bending down to in this world built for short people. I am pretty sure that is not the leading cause of developing a hump, but I am constantly correcting my posture to compensate.

What are your tall related fears? I need some more things to be paranoid about. :wink:

Replies

• Lauraaaa88
    Options
    I'm definitely scared of hurting my back. I am a nurse and am constantly bending down etc and most of the time end up working with other nurses who are mostly filipino and very petite.
  • VanillaBone
    VanillaBone Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Breaking my fingers on the ceiling fan...I reach for the cord without looking, and usually I aim too high and end up getting smacked by the blades.
  • Jenn152
    Jenn152 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I have a fear of breaking both my legs when I am riding in cars (not driving because I can move the seat back all the way). I have a little internal freakout when I get in the passenger seat and there are people in the back... because my knees/shins are touching the dash and let's face it, if we get in an accident... Those bones are snapping!
  • divainsneakers
    divainsneakers Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I fear potential joint issues.
  • EvelynForsyth
    EvelynForsyth Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I never even thought about this stuff! Oh no!
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Seriously, don't think I have any!
  • ohemgeez
    ohemgeez Posts: 5
    Options
    I have a fear of breaking both my legs when I am riding in cars (not driving because I can move the seat back all the way). I have a little internal freakout when I get in the passenger seat and there are people in the back... because my knees/shins are touching the dash and let's face it, if we get in an accident... Those bones are snapping!

^ This!
  • OneLuckyRabbit
    OneLuckyRabbit Posts: 67 Member
    Options

I never even thought of this! :noway: Although, I am scared of breaking my arms while driving and only drive with one hand at the bottom of the wheel as a result.
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options

I don't allow anyone to ride in my car with his/her knees against the dash, for exactly that reason! I make them push the front seat back until they have some clearance. People in the back can just spread their knees sideways around the front seats. When my daughter is home, she rides in the front, I ride in the back with my knees spread out to the side.
  • austindog2
    austindog2 Posts: 128
    Options
    I'm sort of afraid of walking in heels to be honest.. I've only worn them a few times in my life and I CANNOT walk in them at all! I'm pretty unbalanced and uncoordinated... I'm afraid I would break my ankle(s)!