coping with more than 30 friends

Options
hi
does anyone else keep their friends list to around 30? i find anymore than this and i can’t keep up with comments and support. sometimes i delete people who have not logged in for a couple of weeks, this is only after i’ve sent them a little note to see if they are alright, i’ve just done this today for 4 people as well as comment on others profiles, anymore than this and i think i just becomes impersonal, i then replace these people so i always keep it at around 30. i knew some of you leave lots and lots of messages for different people but i can only dedicate so much time in a day to this task. what are your thoughts on this?

xx

Replies

• Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I've currently got about 100 and I struggle to keep track.

I find it much harder with my US friends who post at times when I'm less active but I have a quick run through my friends each week and check up on those I;ve not seen about for a while.

I've lost a few recently (I think I upset a couple and I'm not too bothered about that).
  • Caitlinhappymeal
    Caitlinhappymeal Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I've currently got about 100 and I struggle to keep track.

I find it much harder with my US friends who post at times when I'm less active but I have a quick run through my friends each week and check up on those I;ve not seen about for a while.

I've lost a few recently (I think I upset a couple and I'm not too bothered about that).
    i think i only have 1 american friend and she’s nice, but i quickly clicked on when i started that i should consciously try and have uk friends only, mainly because of the time difference and supporting each other, as lets face it we all need some of that xx
  • PeeTeePee
    PeeTeePee Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    When I first joined I was desperate for friends (Billy No Mates!), so added lots. I'm now around 100+, but I do enjoy motivating when I can and, if I'm honest, getting motivated in return, so this isn't an onerous number. I'm not too concerned about posting on everyone's activity daily and I don't think they expect it. I don't comment on food diaries, but I will cheer on good exercise postings and weight loss posts.

Generally speaking I enjoy posting here and receiving comments on my posts. More so than Facebook!
  • Frannybobs
    Frannybobs Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I try to post encouraging comments on as many of my friends updates as possible, however I get frustrated when I get no support back from certain people and the relationship remains completely one sided and I have a mini cull every now and again. I don't take it personally, people have a large number of friends and some you click with more than others, that's life. But I do have majority UK friends, just 3 or 4 US friends, 1 of whom I do keep in touch with pretty well on here through messages and a 5lb loss per month informal challenge forum thread.