WELCOME!!!!!

Options
welcome fellow chocolate lovers:bigsmile:
thank you for joining and if you like this group please join another group by me lilykiss26 and my friend hopeythehopester the group is called zumba fun please join:happy:

Replies

• HopeytheHopester
    HopeytheHopester Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hey LIZ!
  • HopeytheHopester
    Options
    I dislike you at the moment because you stole my background picture... I'm not mad at you anymore!:devil:
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Yes it's true. I'm hooked on chocolate. And GASP it's true, I gave it up for Lent. 16 hours in, and so far no shakes, sweats, or hallucinations. But they're coming. They always come............

God I love chocolate. The dark stuff. Darker the better. I used to hide chocolate throughout the house. Decided I needed to grow out of that.

Damn, I love chocolate. Dark chocolate chips, chocolate with fruit, chocolate truffles, chocolate ice cream, chocolate granola bars, chocolate covered bacon. Spicy chocolate and/or chocolate cover chili peppers. Chocolate with sea salt. Hot cocoa. Chocolate covered popcorn. I just love chocolate. 16 hours and 22 minutes down, 39 days, 7.5 hours to go.

Could be a loooooong lent.
  • HopeytheHopester
    Options
    I'm Catholic and I gave up chocolate sweets. Did you know that at about 4 PM Saturday do midnight on Sunday you can eat what you gave up?I don't know why, but you can! That's awesome, isn't it?:smooched:
  • r0cket69
    Options
    Do you have to have quit chocolate in order to be in this group?

I like Swiss chocolate, because most American chocolate tastes bitter to me. Canadian chocolate is the best, good thing I can't get it at the neighborhood store!
  • BOATS52
    Options
    1 to 2 blocks of Dark Chocalate a day keeps the Doctor away !:happy:
  • HopeytheHopester
    Options
    That's actually true. Dark chocolate is a mufa, which you're supposed to have daily. A good mufa would be a small, hershey's piece of dark chocolate.
  • lilykiss26
    Options
    whats a mufa??
  • HopeytheHopester
    Options
    I don't know... ask my momma cause she does!:devil:
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Ghirardelli's dark chocolate chips. 16 chips = 1 serving, 80 cals. Don't know what that has to do with mufa's, but it sounds delicious right now.
  • HopeytheHopester
    Options
    Mufa means fatty acid. Apparently it's good for you though. My mom would buy the Ghiradelli's and eat a serving of darck chocolate daily.
  • lilykiss26
    Options
    hope im the one who looked that up for u............LOL!!! fatty acid HAHAHAHA
  • soncat27
    soncat27 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Lindt dark chocolate with chilli.... I JUST LOVE IT... slurp...
  • JohnFox27thCentury
    Options
    I love chocolate too, all chocolate lovers can add me!
  • wildhorses99
    Options
    Chocolate is my biggest problem. Valentines and Easter are the worst. On Valentines they come out with the milk chocolate marshmallow hearts. mmmmmmmmmm Then at Easter they come out with cadbury carmel eggs and a milk chocolate marshmallow egg. OH and don't forget the gigantic sized reese's peanut butter egg, 6oz of yummy goodness.
    After Easter I'm ok. But right now... HELP ME!!

Does anyone have a suggestion of something to eat, that's healthier, but can replace the chocolate cravings?
    If I don't get it, I gorge on other foods trying to find something to satisfy the chocolate hunger. So far I have not found anything that works.
  • mrshbrn
    mrshbrn Posts: 22
    Options
    Hello chocolate lovers. I simply adore CHOCOLATE. It all began in my childhood..my borthers and I would get Mcdonalds and that would be a treat for us. Back then Happy Meals hadn't begun..I dont think they did...hmmm. Any way. My oldest bro liked the vanilla shakes w/ his cheeseburger. My younger brother would like Strawberry shakes w/ his and I wanted CHOCOLATE. It continued through child hood up til now. I remember being preggers w/ my first child and almost every night I would have to have some sort of chocolate cake before I went to sleep. It was a ritual. I'd eat dinner and then have a tall glass of ice cold milk w/ either chocolate cake or ring dings or yodels or a chocodile (remember those?). My son who is now 22 is a chocolate lover. Wonder if I passed it along to him in utero.

However in my quest to lose weight chocolate has become the bain of my existence. I cant see to leave it alone!!!!! I've doing great this week working out and eating right and totally forgot I orded a chocolate chip cake from my daughters fund raiser at school. Of course b/c it's in the house I had to have three pieces. Needless to say I was over 27 calories last night. Chocoalte will always be a part of me. I just hope it's not the death of me!
  • mrshbrn
    mrshbrn Posts: 22
    Options
    I wish I could help Im in the same boat you are. Chocolate is my frenemy!!!!! I hate to love it!!!! I'll gorge on popcorn and other sweets to satisfy my need for chocolate. If you do find other alternatives, PLS DO SHARE :smile:
  • Chocolatewoman
    Chocolatewoman Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I only like milk chocolate.

White chocolate is too sweet and dark chocolate is too bitter.

Long live milk chocolate! :flowerforyou:
  • Chocoholic72
    Chocoholic72 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone.....did someone say chocolate? I have decided that the only way I am going to lose weight is to satisfy my chocolate cravings when I need to...so, when I make pancakes, I include a few chocolate chips. This helps me get some chocolate, but I believe it is much better than a full 250 calorie candy bar. Helps me, anyway. I don't feel so guilty about it.