Just started Insanity 3/19/12

Options
I just started Insanity and I'm very excited! Does anyone know how many calories you burn on average during each workout?

Replies

• mandachristine
    mandachristine Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I just burned 415 in 40 minutes on cardio power and resistance. I just started week #2! I love it!
  • miahg3tfit
    Options
    I just started yesterday too! :) Good luck! I asked the same question. People kept telling me the only accurate way to know was to get a heart rate monitor.
  • leeni626
    leeni626 Posts: 4
    Options
    My friend is going to let me borrow hers, but it's set to her body stats. I'll see if I can change it. I'll post what my results are if I can. Or, I may just buy one!
  • leeni626
    leeni626 Posts: 4
    Options
    That's a crazy calculation! I'm going to try it though.
  • J3nnaLyn
    J3nnaLyn Posts: 125
    Options
    I've been using a heart rate monitor and burining, on average, about 550-600 calories per workout. I'm 5'6" and weigh 165 and my heart rate averages 150ish probably, if that helps.
  • lilbrowngirl
    lilbrowngirl Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

Just started Insanity as well and was considering getting a heart rate monitor. Any recommendations for one?

Thanks!
  • CostaLove1812
    Options
    I did the fit test yesterday...March 21st and my calves are KILLING ME!!! Anyone else feel like this? Wow...
  • knobody09
    knobody09 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    New here,

Just finished my first week, and my whole body was sore.
    My calves also hurt after the fit test.
    Glad friday is my rest day.
  • J3nnaLyn
    J3nnaLyn Posts: 125
    Options
    Yeah, all that jumping around KILLED my calves at first...but they are SO much more defined now than they were three weeks ago, yay!!
  • slimfitnessmoms
    slimfitnessmoms Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    It all depends how much your height and weight are. The more you weigh the more calories you burn.
    I average is around 230-250 calories. I am 5'2" and weigh around 107 lbs. Hope this helps.
  • jennifer783
    jennifer783 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    It's like a deep tissue burn, too. Cra-zay!!

I've never had much in the way of calves before, so this is definitely an improvement :)