New Member who could really use some accountability friends

Options
I am tired of looking the way I do and really want to get out of this rut. I could use some accountability friends. I am thinking of trying to run a 5K this summer but I will also be studying for the bar exam so we will see.

Replies

• chefswife_00
    Options
    GIrl...you can so do this. I"m planning on running a 5K in June so we're in this together! You'll pass the bar and run the 5K! Just claim it! :smile:
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Just sent you a friend request! :smile:
  • Callidreamr
    Callidreamr Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Seems like we are all in the same boat. Funny how you can wake up one day, look in the mirror and not recognize the woman looking back at you. We can fix this together!!
  • Goingnuts2
    Goingnuts2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Friend support is soooo important! I've been down and out, ready to quit and a MFP would help me back up and get me on my feet again. Feel free to add me as a friend :flowerforyou:
  • aodc909297
    aodc909297 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You can also Friend me! I'm in need of some accountability friends also!!! No one in my family is holding me accountable - they actually encourage me to "cheat" and eat what I KNOW I shouldn't eat. I've been watching my diet since January 3rd and on our 26th wedding anniversary (March 15), my husband pulled out a chocolate cheesecake! OMG - how cruel !!!! I was strong and told him to enjoy it himself.
  • aodc909297
    aodc909297 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    BTW, don't let my ticker discourage anyone. I have been watching what I eat since the beginning of January and joined MFP in mid-February. I had lost 10 pounds prior to joining so my overall weight loss is 13 pounds since the beginning of my journey! Pounds are slower to come off but in the long run, that's a really good thing (we won't have sagging skin)!
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Happy to be a friend. I've been doing this for a looong time and am so close to my newest goal weight I should be rocking! Trouble is it seems to encourage me to relax, cos I'm nearly there! Accountability is a good word for what I need, or a good kick up the bum. :grumble:
  • CRVDiva
    CRVDiva Posts: 104
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I've been on this site for 20 days now and I'm loving it. I'm losing weight, feeling better about myself and meeting lots of great people who are very supportive. Believe in yourself and follow the program you'll be amazed as the success you'll achieve. Just remember you can do anything you set you mind to and with your MFP family they will encourage you along the way to be successful. All the best in your weight loss journey.

You can add me as a friend if you like.
  • seguess
    seguess Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request, too! I'm pretty new to this group and am looking for friends. That sounds bad. I mean, I have friends, but...you know what I mean. :smile:
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    There a bunch of people on MFP who are doing the "From couch to 5k" workout -- so you are not alone!
  • allie0630
    allie0630 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm sending a friend request too...

Also, anyone who would like to add me would be great! I've been a member since October and lost about 8 pounds. It was coming off regularly and then nothing!! I haven't lost anything since December!!

I would LOVE some other 40+ women because I am think that I really have to kick things up now to make a difference and it's hard for me to stay motivated.