My first Half!

Options
ann945n
ann945n Posts: 48 Member
I just recently ran my first half marathon. I trained for 11 weeks and averaged about 20 miles a week. I have to say I am not sure if the training or the half was more fun :) It was a great run and I came in at my goal time, but really just finishing was the goal! I am really excited about completing my first half. A year and a half ago I couldn't even run a mile so I am happy of where I have come from! Heres a photo of my victory!
runningeditedphoto.jpg

Replies

• rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I just started running last year and will soon start training for my first half...
  • ninamm3
    ninamm3 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Looks like it wasn't the best weather that day --and you pressed on! I ran my first Half last October. I'm going back to that same race this year for the Full...I'm scared/excited/crazy. :)
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    That's great. Looks like it was a nice place to run also.
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It's a great feeling of accomplishment :)
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Nice job!!! That's my favorite distance - the half marathon :) Congrats on an amazing accomplishment! Onto more races!
  • blgerig
    blgerig Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! When I started running two years ago I couldn't run a mile without stopping and now I have done three half marathons. I have become one of those people I never understood who looks forward to running! :)
  • sakamanojr
    sakamanojr Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your first half. Nothing better than conquering such a long distance and doing all that training.

You have alot to be proud of :)
  • barefoot76
    barefoot76 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Woohoo, way to go!!!!!! I love halfs, can't wait for race season next winter!!!
  • taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Awesome stuff! Good job!
  • Floridaboiler
    Floridaboiler Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on completing your first Half! When is your first Full! :-D
  • memobe
    memobe Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Well done! And in the rain!!
  • sunleigh
    sunleigh Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!
    great pic!!! half's are amazing!!!
  • ann945n
    ann945n Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It feels sooooo great to say now I did a half :) Planning on my next half here soon. I think I wanna do 1-2 more halfs then start training for a full *gulp*
  • DantheMan2517
    DantheMan2517 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    See? Now that's inspirational to me. I had a car accident a few years ago and I couldn't run until recently. I just began a running program and it's been helping me with my weight loss also, but I'm doing the Rock 'n Roll 1/2 marathon in September!!!

Kudos to you, girl!