Exercise Challenge

Options
I have a problem doing exercises as I hate it. I have a tendency to quit when I start hurting and get out of breath and it is a few days before I decide I want to try it again. So starting this challenge mainly for myself but anyone is welcome to join me. I need the support, encouragement to keep exercising, but especially the accountability.
So I am challenging myself to do some type of exercise everyday the rest of this month. I will check in and post here what I do. Hope you Ladies will stay on me to do them if you see I haven't posted anything. I have got to do this.

Replies

• raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    let's go!
    keep it simple. Just do what you can. anything is great. Just move.
  • msslimann
    msslimann Posts: 122
    Options
    Thanks Debbie, Okay I did get a little additional exercise in besides vacuuming, doing dishes, and watering my plants. I walked during commercials and will do that throughout the day.
  • msslimann
    Options
    Went out to lunch today wit a friend and walked up the walk in the shopping center to Catherines and walk back to the buffet. Boy did I get out of breath. Couldn't hardly make it but pushed myself till I got where I was going.
  • shapcomp
    shapcomp Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Do you have an Ipod or some other kind of music to take with you? I have a playlist of really lively songs I love to listen to when I walk so I enjoy my time.
  • msslimann
    Options
    No I don't have anything. Besides can't walk far at all yet. But am to keep on doing what I can till I can really go for a nice walk. Then I may get something if I don't find someone to walk with.
  • demorest
    demorest Posts: 109
    Options
    Two things I do to keep going.#1 All I have is a radio. I found a channel that has only music from the 70s and 80s. #2 I had a clock in the room where I exersize and I noticed when it was up the time seemed to go by really slow, so I took it down and I found I can go longer without it. I know it is just mental but it works for me. I havent worked out since sunday because of my back but it is starting to feel better, so I think I will join you on your challenge. I'm also going to try walking through the commercials I think that would be something I could do right now. Thanks for the fab idea!!
  • msslimann
    Options
    I do think walking during commercials is a good way of getting a little exercise in. Especially when it is hard to do any exercise for any length of time.
    Hope your back is better soon. I had problems as mine would go out and sometimes I couldn't even move. I would sit in my recliner and that is where I would have to sleep as I couldn't go upstairs to bed. So I know what that is like.