Who wants to join a body fat challenge?

Options
We will be starting this weekend. Please let me know if you want to join a body fat challenge. Thanks for the group members who suggested this idea. I will be compiling a list of everyone in the challenge first so please add your name if you want to join!

Replies

• MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    i would like to. i think i am about 24-25% now and want to get just a little bit leaner
  • iwannagetfitrightnow
    Options
    i would like to. i think i am about 24-25% now and want to get just a little bit leaner

Great! I am not sure of my body fat %.. what do you use to test yours?
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    I will join. I can use the motivation that a challenge gives.

Laurie
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I'm about 25% as well currently. I use the calculator here: http://www.healthcentral.com/cholesterol/home-body-fat-test-2774-143.html. It seems to be the most accurate and extensive. I'm all in for leaning up! =D
  • MJ7910
    Options
    that one seems good but i have been using the one on here:

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/mbf/
  • vallesmines
    vallesmines Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I measure mine with a scale that measures %fat, %muscle, %water, and bone!
  • Phoenix24601
    Phoenix24601 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    The one on here says 20% but the one on fat2fit says 18.8% :ohwell:
  • adjoa84
    adjoa84 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    im in! but according to Fat2Fit i'm 25.2% and in the 'normal range' Health central i'm 21.6% and therefore overweight and home scales say 29% which would mean i'm at the high end of 'normal' if the range is up to 33% i dont know i'm just going to aim to get it down but i'm not really trying to believe i'm overweight.
  • ashby00
    ashby00 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    me too! x
  • BeetleChe13
    Options
    that one seems good but i have been using the one on here:

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/mbf/

Thanks for the link! According to this, I'm 27.3%. Not too bad, since the Navy says I'm over 30% still. =/

missencore, you must be pretty svelte imo. What's your exercise routine?
  • vallesmines
    Options
    I measured 30.3% from this site, my scale says 24%. That is a huge difference, I think the difference is my hips and thighs are my trouble areas and my frame is tiny (wrist measures 5 inches) my weight is 123lbs and ht is 5 ft 4.5 inches. I am wondering which one is accurate.
  • shady81x
    shady81x Posts: 290
    Options
    I'd like to join this! Mhmm gotta get myself a scale first (yeah I don't own one... the last time I weighed myself was like 3 mths ago, while waiting to see the doc) :P Not sure if I can get it by this weekend though. Will I be able to join midway?
  • Tracey_Smith
    Options
    Hiya

Mine currently sits ar 23.1% but as a cyclist I'd like it to drop a little.
  • MJ7910
    Options
    I measured 30.3% from this site, my scale says 24%. That is a huge difference, I think the difference is my hips and thighs are my trouble areas and my frame is tiny (wrist measures 5 inches) my weight is 123lbs and ht is 5 ft 4.5 inches. I am wondering which one is accurate.

i dont' think the scales are very accurate actually. i have gotten it taken professionally and it was closer to the fit2fat radio measurement. my scale was saying somethign way lower...
  • vallesmines
    Options
    Needed to update my previous post, my scale at work says I'm 19% fat. It is pretty extensive and measures % fat, water, % muscle and bone mass. I think it is called Eat Smart scale and was around $50.00 from amazon (not positive). The on line calculator said 30.3% fat:(
  • MJ7910
    Options
    Needed to update my previous post, my scale at work says I'm 19% fat. It is pretty extensive and measures % fat, water, % muscle and bone mass. I think it is called Eat Smart scale and was around $50.00 from amazon (not positive). The on line calculator said 30.3% fat:(

for me i didn't trust any scale because they all said different things. i got it done professionally on the bod pod for $20 at our college's sports nutrition dept. bod pod reading was only 2% higher than the online calculator said.. but that was for me. a lot of us have very different shaped bodies so it's hard to say which one is accurate for you without a professional reading.
  • MLZ33
    MLZ33 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi I'm currently at 20.4% so I'm pretty happy with that # I'm going to keep working at it though so it doesn't go up.
  • Phoenix24601
    Phoenix24601 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Still the same.
  • BeetleChe13
    Options
    Has anyone made any progress lately? I'm down to around 23%. :bigsmile:
  • trina614
    trina614 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    So I just found you guys and figured I would start a little late. I am at 27.7% according to fat2fit, 21.6 according to health central and 24.2 according to my scale. So the average is 24.5 and that is what I'm going to go with.