Needing help

I have been trying to lose weight for at least 2 1/2 years, due to a medication I was taking for migraines it caused me to gain over 50 lbs. and I don' feel confident or sexy anymore. If there is someone out there who feels the same way, or worse maybe we can help each other via this online group/blog. I have been using this site faithfully for the last year and it is a very usefull tool for monitoring calorie intake.

Replies

• I have the same problem, migaine and gaine weight. the food tracker is very helpful as i can plan my meals and see my calorie intake
  • KatieQ6
    KatieQ6 Posts: 3
    My only real excuse for weight gain is inattention to what I eat and pregnancy(s). While I get migraines, they are definetally far from the most severe. I'm so sorry you all have a more difficult struggle with them! I love the food tracker - specifically because I apparently have no idea how many calories are in most of the things I eat. Also love the support! :)
  • I have not had the issue with migraines but definately got to my heaviest weight after my first son was born. Running has been the key for me. It's taken me about 4 years but overall I have lost 40lbs. I have ten lbs to go before I am at my goal. It's definately possible. MFP, has been the key to finally getting closer to my goal! I don't have the issue of dealing with medication but maybe you can talk to a dietician who can advise you how to handle the issue of weight gain from medication. Good Luck!!
  • KatieQ6
    KatieQ6 Posts: 3
    Great dedication Daisy! Good luck with the last 10!
  • Terrhx4
    Terrhx4 Posts: 2
    I have been using this for over a month and have actually gained weight. i was ready to throw in the towel yesterday, but I got up today with a new determination. It turns out that i didn't realize that I am experiencing may perimenopausal symptoms and my triglycerides numbers are too high. I have been eating way too many carbs even though I am within the caloric limit. I am going to continue to use the app along with the whole foods diet to get my blood pressure and triglycerides under control.
  • Ndavis107
    Ndavis107 Posts: 10
    Yeah, its great, when see what you have actually eaten your like embbarrassed by how much you ate, at least I am. I love this tool, it forces you eat right.:smile:
  • Ndavis107
    Yes, it is a very helpful tool, wish I discovered it 30lbs. ago. lol
  • Ndavis107
    Wow, thats great you lost even 40lbs. its hard with goal of losing 2lbs per week.I joined a Depocote blog so I don't take prescribed medicine anymore regarding my migraines, everyone I spoke with the same issues as me so I decided not to continue the medication and just go for something over the counter, plus montioring my sodium and caffine intake, since they trigger the migraines.:smile:
  • Ndavis107
    Yep, I was ready to give up too but glad we both decided not to, this is a great tool to monitor your carbs, make sure you check out the tool settings to customized what you want to monitor, that is what I did and now my carbs are where they are suppose to be because most of the time I am under my limit, good luck:smile:
  • Lpruett7
    Lpruett7 Posts: 19 Member
    I had two babies 14 months apart. I had gestational diabetes and pre eclampsia with both! My son i gained 50 pounds and then i gained 65 with my daughter. needless to say I was waaay over weight and because i was over weight i was tired! jan my daughter turned 2 and i had only lost about twenty pounds and that was the first few weeks after she was born. i was tired of being tired and i was tired of not having energy!!! I wanted to work out but i always felt like i never got enough sleep. Finally a friend of mine who had problems with weight her wholelife introduced me to a health supplement that you can take daily that will give you the energy to workout. She had lost over 100 pounds in a years time .This wasnt a Magic pill or a diet pill that promised to do all the work for me. But by having the extra energy it allowed me to feel better and be able to workout . when i work out i feel better! now i am proud to say i am down 59 pounds and am now letting pepole know about this all natural product so they too can have the energy to work out and feel great!!! Message me if interested :) - leona
  • Ndavis107
    This is just a note for myself.....I hope this ticker works...
  • fabulouslysweet
    fabulouslysweet Posts: 26 Member
    Hello there,
    I truly understand the anxiety that goes along with gain weight. Being depressed every day you have to wake up and put on clothes for nothing to fit or look right. To not want to go shopping cause you refuse to have to keep buying bigger clothes. To look in the mirror and say this possibly can not be me. I feel you on so many levels. But hang in there. What has helped me not get so down is to put my mindset that where I am today, at this moment, is a temporary status and it is changing. It might be slower than we would want but knowing that it is temporary it will soon be something of the past. And the good thing is that you at least know where the weight gain is coming from so hopefully working with your doctor on seeing if there is something different that they might can recommend or adding something in addition to help you with the weight gain. But you are in my thoughts and Keep you head up cause you are strong and you are beautiful no matter what that image that stares back at you might have you thinking,,, Take care