Reetones

Options
Hello!

Wondering...have any of you tried the Reebok Reetones (the shoes that are supposed to tone your butt and legs more as you walk)? How are they? Did you find they did anything different for you than regular sneakers did?

Thanks!
Jessica

Replies

• heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I've had the Skechers Shape-Ups (may-jane business-style) since December and LOVE THEM! Its like walking on pillows!

You definitely do feel it in your calves when you walk, whether it's toning my buttocks or not I'm sure by some small percentage but you aren’t going to get a more defined bottom from walking. The reason why you feel it in your calves is due to the shape; it changes the way you walk, it’s described as like walking in sand.

I walk almost 4km 5x a week during my lunch hour in the Financial District + Insanity 6x a week and these shoes make you feel like you can walk forever! I wear them all day at work too b/c of the style I bought. I just don't wear them with skirts once I get to the office, on the Go Train and to-from the office however I do. You aren't supposed to run in them b/c of the change in your centre of gravity there is an ankle twisting possibility if you did. I do however take the outside stairs 2x2 without problems when I'm outside in front of the TD centre if you are familiar with the area but I have long legs.

I bought mine on sale for $59 (originally $120, on sale forever for $99) at Soft Moc on Queen St. Sketchers in the Eaton's Centre had a slightly different style as well for $110 and wasn't as comfortable.
  • uyedej
    uyedej Posts: 18
    Options
    Oh great, thanks!!! Yeah, i couldn't remember the other brand that had similar shoes...Skechers! ha!
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if this sale has the style you're looking for, but if you're looking for Sketcher's Shape-ups, head over to the Mr. B's sale (google it) and find them. They're going for about $35.

Everyone raves about what a great deal this is.

EDIT - last day of the sale is TODAY (Saturday, March 24th), but these sales pop up every now and again throughout the year.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Awww no time to go today but thanks, I saved that link! I really want to add the running-shoe style to my collection b/c I'm headed to Orlando in May and so we'll be doing lots of walking.
  • uyedej
    uyedej Posts: 18
    Options
    Oh damn i missed it! But definitely keeping the link in case there's another sale :)
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    Kind of late response but I got a pair of Reebok EasyTone and a pair of Reebok TrainTone today at the Tanger Outlet in Cookstown. They are probably old stock because they re being sold off in a bogo sale so I got two pairs for $39.99. I got them because they were cute colours and super cheap so who cares if they tone or don't. I did however just do a workout DVD in the train tone ones and my legs are telling me now they got a good workout.