night sweats

Options
anyone else suffering from night sweats?
Im having them 3 or 4 times a month, waking soaking wet, having to change the bedding!

What can I do to help this? Is there a natural remedy anyone can recommend?

Replies

• krisrpaz
    krisrpaz Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    No...that's not normal. Have you been tested for hypothyroidism? It definitely sounds like a hormone imbalance and with PCOS we already have issues with that department so you may have another underlying issue.
  • sstein21
    sstein21 Posts: 25
    Options
    I get them, especially when im on my "week" off from my birth control. Its definitly a hormonal thing.
  • tnorth82
    tnorth82 Posts: 186
    Options
    had thyroid tested, apparently its my cycle, I have them the week before and the week after 'aunt flo' (I still take the pill to keep me in a cycle

what can I do? I cant bear it!
  • melg126
    melg126 Posts: 378
    Options
    had thyroid tested, apparently its my cycle, I have them the week before and the week after 'aunt flo' (I still take the pill to keep me in a cycle

what can I do? I cant bear it!

They did not find anything wrong with your thyroid... sometimes hypothyroidism isn't that easy to detect. Do you have any other weird symptoms at all? I have Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism along with PCOS. But you have to have a special antibody test in order to find it not a regular T3 or T4 test. Maybe you can read up on the symptoms on Mayoclinic.com or WebMD and see if they relate to you at all.
  • peachy_keen
    peachy_keen Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I get night sweats regularly (and occasional hot flashes) and am on BC. No doctors could figure it out, but I found that when I wasn't on the pill, I was much better. Got told I was pre-menopausal (I was 28 at the time). That was fun. Alas, stopping BC right now is not an option for me.

I'm currently undergoing acupuncture, which has helped some with my "high heat" and other issues. My acupuncturist did have me try an herb called Abundant Yin Tea Pills (Da Bu Yin Wan). They were a pain to remember to take, but I found that when I didn't take them, I was hotter. It was just a one time off thing as I don't know if it's something that can be maintained over the long term. All that to say, I'm still looking for suggestions too. Thanks melg126 for the suggestion of the special antibody test. It's been about a year or so since I had the full battery of tests done...(sigh)
  • tnorth82
    tnorth82 Posts: 186
    Options
    nope thyroid fine...
    I might try the accupuncture route? Something has to work.....

thanks for the input
  • richesandwonders
    richesandwonders Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yes. I'm only 24 , but I've started taking a Black Cohash supplement to help a little with it. My mom started having awful night sweats when she began to go through menopause and it was recommended for her. She suggested as an option for me and it seems to help.

Although I am a bit more sweaty on the placebo days of my HBC, overall it's been a bit better. I just sleep with a fan to try and stave off the fully drenched bed.

I hope you find something that works.