Ride Id recommended

Options
Kupe
Kupe Posts: 758 Member
I am wanting to buy my first road id braclet. As there is so much choice, I would like to know what everyone's favorite is and why?

Replies

• beachgrad05
    beachgrad05 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have Road ID. It is the only one I had heard of...I like how you can put what you feel is the important info.
  • piccolarj
    piccolarj Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I have a Road ID braclet too. I don't know of any others. Like the above poster saidd you can put whats important to you on it. Check out their website they have a lot of great choices and colors.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    I am using a military style dogtag, a lot cheaper than anything else I've found. I am notoriously cheap.
    http://www.dogtagsonline.com/orderform.html
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I am using a military style dogtag, a lot cheaper than anything else I've found. I am notoriously cheap.
    http://www.dogtagsonline.com/orderform.html

I have the RoadID dog tag because I don't like the feel of anything on my wrist or ankle when I'm riding. I guess it would have been a lot cheaper to order it from that website. Oh well. Mine looks fancy schmancy.
  • cohophysh
    cohophysh Posts: 288
    Options
    I just stick my wallet in my saddle bag but I am intrigued by the Road ID, I suppose you could always put it on your seat post if you didn't want to where it.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I just stick my wallet in my saddle bag but I am intrigued by the Road ID, I suppose you could always put it on your seat post if you didn't want to where it.

The idea for the ID is that if something happens, your information is on you. People may not think to search your bike.
  • RArmor
    RArmor Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I wear the RoadID elite braclet (interactive), I work as a Police Officer and I wear mine all the time, not just when running or biking. For me it is a peace of mind knowing my emergency contacts and medical history is always with me.
  • RedSunshine365
    RedSunshine365 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I just bought one. I chose the sport model with the interactive ID so I can add notes to my profile when I'm on vacation or camping. The primary deciding factor between models was simply cost. I didn't see the need to spend another $10 on the elite model with the metal clasp and then not be sure if it fit.

In hindsight, I wish I had spent the extra $10 because I have quite petite wrists and although I bought a size small, the width is larger than I expected so I don't wear it all the time. I think if I had bought the elite one, I'd wear while at work and then I would always have it on.

Regardless, I really like how comfortable the Sport model is and how easily it is to adjust the size due to the velcro closing mechanism.
  • cohophysh
    Options

The idea for the ID is that if something happens, your information is on you. People may not think to search your bike.
  • cohophysh
    Options
    good point
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options

If it's on your seat post and you get separated from your bike in an accident, it'll be next to useless IMHO!