Question for you sleevers!!

Options
Hey Everyone,

I was asked to be in a wedding thsi coming May for a friend of mine. I have to go this week to get fitted for and order the dress. I will be having the sleeve this week. Any ideas on how much weight you all lost in 5 months? Or about how many dress sizes? I am going to order the dress smaller than what I measure and hope it works, but I don't know how small to go.

Thanks so much!

Replies

• ngory07
    ngory07 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Well in 5 months I had lost about 100 lbs. Went from a 24 to a 14/16. Id ask if there is a way to hold off on getting the dress. Because of the rapid weight loss its almost impossible to tell what size you'd be. I skipped 18 and went right to a 16.
  • LeahLive66
    LeahLive66 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Your going to definately need alterations if not a new dress all together. I'm three month out and I've gone from a 24 to an 18, and it depends on you build as well, you could very reasonably be five or more sizes smaller. I would wait till April and be resized.
  • ChristieStearns
    ChristieStearns Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    This is a very tricky one. There are many factors. How much you have to lose, how closely you adhere to the program, how much you exercise. I lost 90 lbs in 5 months and went from a size 28 to an 18/20. I was told they can only alter a dress down 2-3 sizes. So I would suggest you find what size fits now and order 3 sizes smaller, and that should hopefully give you room to go down a couple more sizes if needed.
  • grisaille12
    Options
    :happy: Wow, you folks who responded give me great hope for myself down the road . . . I am one month out
  • vmudgett
    vmudgett Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Wow, you guys all give me hope too! I am stalled and worried that I"m not going to lose any more! I am 4 months out.
  • cbferriss
    cbferriss Posts: 122
    Options
    I lost just over 50 lbs at 5 months post op. My loss is slower because I have certain objectives. I've done a lot of weight lifting throughout my life so I keep my protein over 100 gram/day to retain as much of the muscle I can. I also include a lot of healthy fats to help my skin. I can’t have reconstructive surgery because I promised my husband no more voluntary surgery; he was an emotional wreck for my sleeve.

What I’m doing is working for me but you will likely lose faster. I know some nutritionists have their patients still on super low calories a year out. I’m not following my nutritionist’s recommendations, but she can’t argue with the lean muscle I’ve retained, the shape my skin is in and that I never had the hair loss many people report.

I really think you’ll need a new dress. I’m now 80 lbs down since surgery and I’ve gone from a 28 to 18 which is loose.