Guilty Pleasure...

Options
ScottyNoHotty
ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
Last night SYFY showed a repeat of Red: Werewolf Hunter! What a craptastic movie! Felicia Day? Yummy!!! Werewolves? Yay!!
Crappy production values? Check! Better than Sharktopus? ummm maybe. That is all.

Remember when Sci-Fi ( old name ) had kick *kitten* movies on? Dune mini-series..awesome. Battlestar...awesome. Tin man...cool!
The only good shows are Eureka and Warehouse 13.

Replies

• msunluckythirteen
    msunluckythirteen Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Syfy used to be awesome! Then they started showing wrestling and it was all down hill from there.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I love Eureka and WH13! I stay a season behind on netflix though since we dont have satellite or cable now. I used to watch Sci Fi all the time in college. I'm sad that it sucks now :frown:
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I don't have cable...so I have no clue what you all are talking about...I'm a poor deprived individual :laugh:
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    My dad always gets sucked into those hilariously bad Syfy movies!
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    OMG I love all those craptastic Sci-fi movies.... They keep Casper van Dean(SP) in work lol.Where would all my tired b actors go if it werent for sci-fi....I love the horrible disaster movies they make
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    Mega-python vs. Gatoroid!!!
    Debbie Gibson and Tiffany duke it out!!! Its like my High school *kitten* fantasy all over again!!!!!
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I am drawn to the bad but good films, I love the ridiculous creature films that have been out recently. If it stars an 80's pop start it just adds to the value of the picture.

Basically if Roger Corman is involved I'm in!!! :drinker:
  • hesgro2
    hesgro2 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I love Eureka and WH13! I stay a season behind on netflix though since we dont have satellite or cable now. I used to watch Sci Fi all the time in college. I'm sad that it sucks now :frown:

Love Love Love Eureka and WH13! It's really sucks that this is going to be Eureka's last season. :cry: The cliffhanger at the end of the most recent season of WH13 has been making me crazy!!! It should be starting back up this summer. If you don't want to wait on Netflix, you can also watch past episodes on syfy.com...or I know you used to be able to.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

Love Love Love Eureka and WH13! It's really sucks that this is going to be Eureka's last season. :cry: The cliffhanger at the end of the most recent season of WH13 has been making me crazy!!! It should be starting back up this summer. If you don't want to wait on Netflix, you can also watch past episodes on syfy.com...or I know you used to be able to.

I didnt know Eureka was ending. Bugger! I can't wait to see Felicia Day when the next season comes out. I like to wait until they are on dvd or streaming and have a marathon :smile:
  • halforc80
    halforc80 Posts: 29
    Options
    Let's be honest here... The Sci-Fi Channel was good... but SyFy is crap. =P
  • sarahrobin
    sarahrobin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    My dad and I used to love watching the crappy Sci-Fi movies together. Before kids my hubby and I would spend entire weekends watching those awful movies! I have to agree with halforc80, SyFy is not as good. The classics are the best!
  • mixedfeelings
    Options
    Let's be honest here... The Sci-Fi Channel was good... but SyFy is crap. =P

I missed the explanation on why they changed the name, what happened there? Surely it doesn't make them more "down with the kids"?
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Sharktopus is the greatest film EVER made. True fact

DAMN YOU SHARKTOPUUUUUUUUS!
  • maxmariesfo
    maxmariesfo Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I am drawn to the bad but good films, I love the ridiculous creature films that have been out recently. If it stars an 80's pop start it just adds to the value of the picture.

Roger Corman and Vincent Price - I am a lost cause. House of Usher. Pit and Pendulum. The Raven.
  • mixedfeelings
    Options

Roger Corman and Vincent Price - I am a lost cause. House of Usher. Pit and Pendulum. The Raven.

Ah, I watched The Raven the other night, gotta love Boris Karloff and especially Peter Lorre too :heart: