welcome

Options
I'm getting married this year and hope to have lost at least 4 stone for the big day. my partner is also on a diet and is helping me with my weight loss as i in turn help him with his he wants to lose about 21lbs. We live in the Midlands and have been together for nearly 10 years. Hoping to have chat with other people who want to lose weight for their wedding and chat about how they are working their diet while stressing over final preparations.

Replies

• Eryn01
    Eryn01 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi! I also got motivated to lose weight (after a few years of being unhappy with my appearance) because of my upcoming wedding. It's going to be next year, not this year, but I'm excited this was the final push to get me serious about losing weight I put on during my pregnancy 5 years ago. I will admit, I am from the US, and I'm not really sure about the pound to stone conversion, but I wish you luck! What are your wedding plans so far? My guy and I have decided to do a very small wedding on the beach in Oregon, just his parents and my parents as witnesses, no bridesmaids, no wedding dress, no reception, no cake - we are basically eloping, with two extra witnesses. We just want it simple, fun, and above all, STRESS FREE! Hats off to you for going the traditional route. We barely even made it through preplanning mode for a traditional wedding when I got too stressed and we both decided we were just going to have fun.
  • LaundryGirl
    LaundryGirl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married September 1st, 2012. I would love to lose 30 lbs by then! I have lost 25 already. I just want to be able to look back at my wedding photos and say, "That's one sexy babe!" ;)
  • jdbaker01
    jdbaker01 Posts: 44
    Options
    Im getting married in august this year, in las vegas..ideally i would love to lose at least 5 stone before then, but know its going to be hard.....
  • TheRelentlessOne
    Options
    Aloha everyone, I'm getting married on June 29, 2012 in Ali Cante, Spain and am running out of time to meet my weight loss goal!! I am aiming to lose approximately 15 pounds in the next 3 months, and could really use the support from this group. :)
  • hackett1171
    Options
    I'm getting married in August and I want to loose 8 pounds! Its been a struggle for a long time....but I'm not giving up...
    131 days to go....
  • eklopez14
    eklopez14 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    We're getting married in October. Just hoping to keep losing.... down 20 lbs so far.
  • lms1213
    lms1213 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm getting married this June and need to stay on track for the next 2 months!! Could really use some major support as I'm all alone in my wedding planning and stressing out.
  • jmy1975
    jmy1975 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I'm getting married end of Aug/Sept (we haven't finalized the date since it's in Vegas) and really want to get back to the weight I was when we started dating so I need to drop about 30 lbs. I think it's possible, but it will be tough. I hope to keep it off too. Really just want to look good in my bikini on the honeymoon.
  • shazzannon
    shazzannon Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married on October 13th, and I'd love to be at my goal weight of 139 on that day. That's only around 7-8 pounds a month, so it should be pretty doable! My main issue is that I NEED to start shopping for a dress within the next month or two, and I will be nowhere NEAR my goal weight
  • kmpatterson12
    kmpatterson12 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married July 28, 2012 and I am so excited however, i need to lose weight bad because well....my wedding dress doesn't fit... UGH worst thing in the world! and my Dwain (the future hubby) tell me that he loves me just the way i am...which i love him for but i have told him that we both need to get healthy so we can live a long happy life together....my wedding is only 4 months away and i need help guys!! I want to blow his socks off in my wedding dress... just hope i can do it!
  • BeckyOikari
    Options
    Hello all! I'm getting married June 23rd, 2012 and hope to lose 20 pounds. So far I'm down 6 pounds in 2 and a half weeks, but I've got a long ways to go and not much time!

To the lovely lady who posted above me: My dress doesn't fit either! That's what I get for buying it before the Holidays. I've never been so upset over a piece of clothing before. UGH!
  • kfhoffman12
    Options
    HI Everyone!!! I am getting married September 2nd in O-H-I-O baby! :) Fiance and I have been together over 5 years and we have a german shepherd pup named Mavrik who will be our ring bearer on the big day!

I did the BIG UH-OH and bought my wedding dress back in october TWO SIZES SMALLER than what I tried on! Thankfully i have lost a little over 20lbs since Christmas and my dress fits perfectly! I am hoping that I can drop another 20 lbs before the big day. My dress can be taken in three sizes so I am hoping to take it in at least two!

Congrats on everyones upcoming nuptials and good luck on your journey!!!
  • gagagul
    gagagul Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am also getting married this year on October 27th, 2012, I have been on MFP for about a year and a half so far and have lost about 20 lbs. I am going for losing my last 20 before August so I have time to alter my dress. Definitely open to this group and motivating one another for our big days!!! Add me!
  • augustbride2012wa
    augustbride2012wa Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I am in the same boat as everyone here. Getting hitched- August 5th. I am hoping to lose the 20 lbs I have put on since starting graduate school a year and a half ago. Lets do this!
  • Miss_Mira
    Options
    Hi Everyone

I m getting married October 2012, I m trying to lose 20lbs before then. I m down 15 already and hoping to get the other 20 off before the big day!
  • cmcb88
    cmcb88 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm getting married December 1 and would like to lose 8-10 lb. That's about how much I've gained in the last 2 years of grad school! I ordered my dress yesterday and love it! Would like to be a bit thinner in the waist though. I think since my weight gain was stress-induced it is all in the stomach area. augustbride20, I think we're in the same boat with grad school!