eHarmony?

Options

Replies

• MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Yeah I am not happy with Eharmony either. I joined because I wanted to find someone that was in my area as I tend to end up in long distance relationships. I live in a metropolotian area so there should be a decent amount of matches in my opinion but it kept matching me with people in other states even though I put a 100 mile radius. The ones it has been matching me with I have nothing I can see in common so I don't have a clue how it is matching me with them. I went on one date from Eharmony within a couple weeks of me joining but other then that I haven't even wanted to give a guy an icebreaker. It has been a major disappointment. I think I have had a total of maybe 70 matches in half a year and 30 of those were in the first month.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    If anyone has not been on it lately POF has become a pay site for certain features.

Same with OKC...but those features are mostly unnecessary, I think. Hmm..

The thing I found that annoyed me was if someone looked at your profile you can not see theirs without paying now.
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    If anyone has not been on it lately POF has become a pay site for certain features.

The thing I found that annoyed me was if someone looked at your profile you can not see theirs without paying now.

That only lasted a few days..........I can use "viewed me" now, and I don't pay
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

I only signed up on PoF yesterday and have barely had time to check out the features. So I can only look up people who looked me up first (for free at least)? And is there any way to look at people anonymously (that is the one eh feature I actually like)?
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options

I can see who viewed me but it won`t take me to their profile without upgrading (paying).
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options

I can see who viewed me but it won`t take me to their profile without upgrading (paying).

I just joined yesterday and I have been able to see all profiles of people that viewed me.
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options

I just joined yesterday and I have been able to see all profiles of people that viewed me.

I havent had to pay to see their profile....I did have it come up once, but then didn't happen again
  • pa_jorg
    Options

Carl, Maybe you should close your current account and open a brand new one and see what happens?
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Does eHarmony let you search for matches, or can you only reach out to the matches it sends you?

She's been online before (Chemistry) and was frustrated that there weren't many matches. I told her that when I was on Match.com I could search for (and reach out to) guys even if they weren't in the ones that the system matched to me. Just wondering if she'll be able to do that on eHarmony...?

No! You get matched by a system of questions! I never had so many mismatches in my life :laugh:

I dont really believe in phsychometric testing anyhow. We are far too complex to be simplified in 50 questions.

I met one guy, and left, but you know, it might be me!! I'm just more of a 'gut' and personality person, rather than a 'you have the same education as me, work similar hours, have the same faith, like music and like football, so therefore we are a good match' person...........lol Perhaps I go more for opposites?? Hmmm!!

Anyway, not for me, but I'm sure it works for some people :flowerforyou:
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    So I actually made an OKC profile about 2 months ago... It only lasted for less than 48 days because I just couldn't go on with it and I saw someone I knew so I immediately deleted. I just was browsing around and didn't like the set up. But from what I could tell not all guys are there for one night stands. I guess trying it out (the free sites) doesn't hurt.

I still would prefer MFP anyday. :)
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    eharmony blows
  • paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I still would prefer MFP anyday. :)

^^^ this :drinker:

I tried e-harmony and the slow pace of it all was exasperating... not that I'm looking to dive right into something, but sheesh, if ya can't even meet, well, what's the point.

Tried match and had a long term relationship that ended last year. So, I would say that was okay.

Recently, gave Zoosk a shot, and really liking the focus on meeting people in my area face to face... sure, you have to use much of your own selective process and rely on some gut instinct, but I have met some of the funnest dates (even if they were not the "one") and it really helped me get back into the dating groove.

Just depends on what someone is looking for at the moment, I suppose.

Meanwhile, some of what MFP has to offer is unparalleled :wink:
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    eharmony blows

details...?
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Meanwhile, some of what MFP has to offer is unparalleled :wink:

yeah... if it would ever actually materialize, lol!
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I've met some great guys on OKC... it's not a magic pill, but it has possibilities. Also, it's better than any of the other free sites I've been on.
  • pa_jorg
    Options

Carl,

I was playing around on PoF this morning and think I figured out the problem. If you are on the 'who viewed me' page, you need to click on the person's image to go to their profile. If you click on the word "show" under the photo it takes you to the payment page.
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    eHarmony must have found out I was cheating on it with POF as I got 4 matches and one sent me an icebreaker. I haven't checked them yet as I can't access it at work. I just know because I can check email on my phone.
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I got an icebreaker this morning too.
  • Maggie_Pie1
    Maggie_Pie1 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I just joined eharmony yesterday... Now after reading all this, I'm disappointed :( Oh well, I'll give it three months and see what happens...

What is OKC?
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I just joined eharmony yesterday... Now after reading all this, I'm disappointed :( Oh well, I'll give it three months and see what happens...

What is OKC?

okcupid.com free dating site