VEGAN FREAK by Bob and Jenna Torres

Options
Just got my copy of second edition from Amazon. If you are Vegan and treated like an alien lifeform, outcast, weirdo or all of the above by your family members who look at you like an alien is about to jump from your chest, this book is for you!!!!!!

Learn how too go Vegan in 3 weeks or less quitting meat and animal products cold 'tofu'. Discover and understand the arguments for ethical, abolitionist veganism, and how to convince your family you have not joined an EVIL Veggie Cult.

Check it out Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Freak-Being-Non-Vegan-World/dp/1604860154/ref=dp_ob_title_bk/188-6159867-1157807

If you have the first edition, this might be worth a read still, according to the preface its been completely re written. So far I like it. What Vegan philosophy books do you read?

Replies

• shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    lol sounds good
  • clmcneil
    clmcneil Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting. I totally need this. Being a vegan in a family where my father is a butcher and we live in "cow town" is NOT easy.
  • tifbu
    tifbu Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Excellent recommendation! I have both editions, and had read them both too many time to count. Bob and Jenna also had a podcast by the same name which was amazing; too bad it's virtually impossible to find now, with the exception of a few episodes.

Gary L. Francione has written many great books concerning abolitionist vegan philosophy. If anyone is interested in leaning more about abolitionist veganism, he would be one of the most important authors to familiarize yourself with.
  • cinnamonswing
    Options
    vegan freak is the main reason i decided to go vegan after going back and forth between vegetarian and vegan for many years. i just listened through all the podcasts and had all my questions answered. so great! too bad they don't do it anymore but i guess they had other stuff to do as well...
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I love Bob and Jenna! I used to listen to their pods cast and then one day...poof....they literally disapeared.....no reason, excuse, nothing....It pissed me off and a million other people. I miss them!
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to get this book!
  • darkling_glory
    darkling_glory Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Just downloaded it! Thanks for the recc!
  • Reasie26
    Reasie26 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm in the middle of 'Eating Animals' by Jonathan Safran Foer . So far, very informative. I haven't read 'Vegan Freak', but I'll put it on my list!! :)
  • darkling_glory
    darkling_glory Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I read the first two chapters of Vegan Freak last night and this is fab! I'm really enjoying it so far. I think it's a "must read" for all vegans and I love that it is sort of a jumping off point for more information about veganism.