What's your memorial day motivation?

Options

Replies

• tishaloses
    tishaloses Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    My motivation is the 10k I plan to run/walk on June 3rd -my 32nd birthday!!
  • carolanne84
    carolanne84 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Mine is to be able to fit into cute summer tops and the dreaded shorts I haven't wore shorts in years! I'd love to be able to rock a cute swim suit this summer too, not talking bikini bc I got the dreaded stretch marks but I got my eye on a few cute tankini types might even get as brave to try a Monokini.
  • JoleneCooper
    JoleneCooper Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    May 20th is my daughters 1st birthday so I want to be 20 pounds smaller than I was when I gave birth...I'm almost there!
    My birthday is May 29th so that helps motivate too.
    I'm also in a Biggest Loser Challenge at my jobs that ends May 24th and I could win over $300 if I lose the most!

I REALLY want to meet this goal!
  • watchandsee
    watchandsee Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    We go away for the weekend for our oldest sons birthday, this always includes pool time at the hotel! This year I want to feel comfortable in a bathing suit.
  • ncameron879
    Options
    My first motivation is for an event prior to Memorial Day - April 28th is my sister's wedding, and I want to feel comfortable and confident standing up next to her as her Maid of Honor. I would hate to regret the way I looked, and have my unfit figure forever immortalized in her pictures!

As for Memorial Day...I leave on May 21st for Florida with my boyfriend...that's the date for my Ultimate Goal, so that I can feel comfortable and confident spending a week in a bikini and shorts (plus I love wearing sundresses, and last year I was 15 pounds lighter, and bought a ton of them...I want to be able to wear them all again) ! :)
  • _jessers
    _jessers Posts: 7
    Options
    I have a family vacation coming up in Mid-June. I haven't seen my family since September last year, so I'd love to show off a noticeable difference in the way my body looks, especially on the beach!
  • ojosverdes75
    Options
    I leave for Florida 6/1. When I was there last year I was 5 months pregnant. I want to look as amazing as I can by then. I'm on week 3 of P90x so I really hope it works. I want to so badly fit into my old summer clothes so I don't have to buy new and spend vacation money on them.

That's awesome! P90X really works if you stick with it. I lost about 13 pounds and 16" (so, trading fat for muscle). I've since done P90X2 and am now doing my first round of INSANITY. I'm loving the beachbody workouts so far.
  • ojosverdes75
    Options
    Just the sheer fact that it is the start of SUMMER!! Although I could go to the beach tomorrow, the weather is absolutely perfect right now in Florida! I am turning 30 in August and my ultimate goal was to loose 30 by my 30th, which I am hoping to exceed that. Good luck!

Awesome! We're birthday buddies. Feel free to friend me if you want some extra motivation.
  • ojosverdes75
    Options
    All of your motivations are way more fun! Honestly, I have an insane couple of months at work, and Memorial Day pretty much marks the end of it all. I want to prove to myself that I can lose weight while work is crazy (99% of the time) and stop using work as an excuse.

Actually, that's an awesome motivation. If you can prove to yourself that you can put yourself first despite all the craziness, you'll truly realize long term success. Last year (September-December) was absolutely nuts at work, but I made a point to do my P90X workout no matter how late at night it got. It has really boosted my confidence that I can make the right choices no matter what. I start seeing my TV time as workout time now, and enjoy it.
  • ojosverdes75
    Options
    My motivation is the 10k I plan to run/walk on June 3rd -my 32nd birthday!!

That is a fabulous birthday present! I did my first 10K in February 2011 and completed a half marathon in May. Good luck, and enjoy the journey!
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    HONESTLY I HAVE NO MEMORIAL DAY MOTIVATION IT WOULD REPRESENT JUST A PORTION OF THE GOAL THAT I'M TRYING TO ACHIEVE IT'S STILL AN IMPORTANT ONE AND IT'S A CALENDAR MILESTONE SO I WILL TAKE A PIC ON THAT DAY AND SEE IF I CAN SEE SOME CHANGES IN MY BODY
  • KathreneW
    KathreneW Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My motivation is: I am getting married in Jamaica in July. I want to lose 30lbs by then. Memerial Day is about a half way point right?
  • Ramseyyy
    Ramseyyy Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    June is coming up!! That means half naked skinny chicks that used to make me want to cover up, but this year...hopefully I'll blend in:)
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    My motivation is that I like to wear tank tops in the summer and I don't want to worry about flabby arms or my pot-belly!
  • jan1755
    jan1755 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My motivation is the start of summer and wanting to wear sleeveless tops and shorts. Plus good health. I'll still be 25 lbs away from my goal but it's a great start.
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Running my first marathon that weekend!!! I want to run it under 4 hours, very possible for me to acheive but would be even easier to achieve if I can lose those tough last 4 pounds and gain even about 1% more lean muscle!
  • sjohnson873
    Options
    I turn 50 years old in July and we are going on a cruise in Jan/2013 so to be healthy and looking good is something I aim for this year. This may sound funny but I play Horseshoes and there is a tournament Memorial Day weekend that I want to look good at. :happy:
  • bjbradl4
    bjbradl4 Posts: 6
    Options
    Summertime, Sunshine, Feeling Good and Looking Great!
  • daphnegetnfit
    Options
    My 25th wedding anniversary is June 6th - to be back at my pre-baby weight! (my last baby is 18 years old!! :ohwell: )
  • JoleneCooper
    JoleneCooper Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I turn 50 years old in July and we are going on a cruise in Jan/2013 so to be healthy and looking good is something I aim for this year. This may sound funny but I play Horseshoes and there is a tournament Memorial Day weekend that I want to look good at. :happy:

Great goals! You are already making the right steps towards being fully healthy and I love the Horseshoe goal!!! You can do it!