Welcome

Options
Ok, day one of this new forum. Just for Cops and Support staff. Be nice to chat....

Replies

• ednjenn
    ednjenn Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    San Diego here!
  • lajoyce50
    Options
    LASD HERE !!! So glad someone started up this group!!
  • lynneruth
    lynneruth Posts: 12
    Options
    Is everyone from out west????
  • lynneruth
    lynneruth Posts: 12
    Options
    Let me introduce myself, I am 67 year old female, retired Chicago Police Dept. Looks like most of you are from much futher out west. I put in a 23 year career, and now collect pension checks. I have a 12 year old dog and we try to see who can be the laziest bum every day.
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Canada Border Patrol here. Just above maine in new brunswick!
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Northeast Nebraska, smack dab in the middle of it all or of nowhere, depending on how you look at it! :)
  • Dazzajes83
    Options
    Hey guys. I set up this group but did not really think there would be any interest. Great to see you guys and hear your stories. I am from London Metropolitan Police and work as. Detecetive Sergeant on a Homicide Team. I have been logging into this site for 35 days and have lost nearly 3 kilos. Some days you wonder why you bother, but it gets to be good fun after a while. Anyway, please tell me more about Policing in the States...
  • emingus
    emingus Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    US Army vet- Military Police. Retired City of Lakeland, FL detective. Did a year as a Police Advisor in Afghanistan. Currently working for a small department in Winter Haven, FL.
  • tcbutler
    tcbutler Posts: 146
    Options
    PA State Trooper in a Forensic Services Unit.
  • kojak202
    kojak202 Posts: 2
    Options
    Pensacola , Florida here.
  • GTaylor615
    GTaylor615 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Howdy from Corpus Christi, Texas! I'm with San Patricio County S.O. No one understands the struggles of weight loss more than a cop.....am I right? Those irrecular hours....late night snacks...and the stress. Anyway, very glad I found this group. I have a few friends, but would love to meet law enforcement from around the world. Feel free to add me; I'm always looking for new mfp friends.
  • frankcanellas
    Options
    Hello Brother Officers

I am a 25 year retired Detective from Davie Florida. I am now a school resource officer in Palm Beach County for the last 6 years. I recently had a stroke and I think it had a lot to do with the extra weight I carry and the stress we all receive over the many years in this job. I want to lose weight now to try to prolong my life with my family. I hope most of you change your lifestyles and lose the weight before you develop a major medical problem. I was lucky I went to the hospital immediately when it happened and did not obtain any paralysis. I have a second chance. Good luck to all of you and make that change now.
  • Highwayhen
    Highwayhen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys!!! RCMP here....I'm posted and live on the most easterly part of North America....Newfoundland!!
  • JCrowley2478
    Options
    NYC here. I'm a Detective with the NYC DEP Police. We protect NYC's Water Supply and its facilities. Love this site and plan on continuing to use it. Stay safe my brothers and sisters.
  • jocop2003
    jocop2003 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I am RCMP officer in Alberta, will be 10 years at the end of this month. Right currently working in the schools. Love the job, but yes dealing with teen drama can be painful, miss the days of shift work. You would think regular hours would help you lose those last stuborn lbs hell no. Thanks for creating the group.
  • moose9591
    moose9591 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Greetings from Canada. I just retired on the 31st of March after 31+ years with the Ontario Provincial Police. I can relate to the dispatchers out there as we use to take turns dispatching on night shift many years ago. I have had a great career starting in a remote community in Northern Ontario where the 8 Officer detachment covered over 2000 sq miles. I think the most enjoyable times in my career was when I was assigned to the VIP Security squad as a motorcade driver and my time teaching new recruits at the Ontario Police College. A health scare in 2008 made me realize the importance of healthy eating and we all know how hard that is to do when working shift work and answering those calls. This is my second time using myfitnesspal and I love it. If you need some support add me as a friend.

Jim
  • dray2211
    dray2211 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Orange County Sheriff's Department (CA) K9 Handler.
  • matthewfairbrother60
    Options
    Salt Lake City here- Utah Department of Corrections and AP&P
  • tclark2951
    tclark2951 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am on central east coast of Florida. I am a CSI with our major crimes unit.