Anyone watch 'I used to be fat' on MTV

Options
Quite like this show and does motivate me as they lose so much weight in such a short time, where as I struggle to lose a small amount in a long time!

Replies

• Vickyloo
    Vickyloo Posts: 13
    Options
    Never seen it but love shows like that. I'll have to keep an eye out for it!
  • JazzyMarie
    JazzyMarie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I LOVE that show!

they do lose weight in a short time but we only see a fraction of what they do in the weeks. they probably had a contract with MTV that states how much they HAVE to lose, otherwise if they don't its a waste of money and time for the production company therefore they have more pressure to lose the weight.
    A bit like Biggest Loser...
  • katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I love it! They do have masses to lose though, so its easier to lose lots quickly. If I lost 10 stone in a year I wouldn't exist anymore. I've been watching the US ones and the Uk ones. Fab. I also love Supersize vs Superskinny and MTV's I Used to be Fat- that always makes me cry. The 18 year olds change their whole lives around.
  • shaybethxo
    shaybethxo Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I do and it motivates me to exercise hard like they do, it clearly works. Buuuuut, the trainer said something about ' drinking the protein shakes and having one meal ' so I don't know if they will keep it off when they stop having shakes. But still I love it :p
  • vickyj29
    vickyj29 Posts: 38
    Options
    I love watching it, it keeps me so motivated but I do keep in mind they have a personal trainer and work out for hours each day. The best thing is seeing them carrying on with it a few months later and the amazing confidence they have in themselves afterwards,you know that for most of them its going to change their lives in such fanastic ways.
  • youknome
    youknome Posts: 63
    Options
    It's a great show to watch when you need a little motivation. The best trainer on that show is definitely Joey Gloor, the guy with the boom power stance.
  • katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Doh! Just re read this post. In my head I was thinking of 'obese. A year to save my life' which is fab too. 'I used to be fat' is amazing. Their lives totally turn around. I think Joey especially gets the boys with low self esteem really believing in themselves.

I excuse my being on nights as to why I am a donkey ;-)
  • joelleh26
    joelleh26 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Its a bit like biggest looser on a 1 to 1 basis. The results are amazing.... i guess its just a bit like bootcamp... shame boot camps are so expensive here!
  • jodieoh
    jodieoh Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yep, love the show. The personal trainers seem like really lovely people and it's always interesting to see the dynamic between the kid and their family when it comes to diet and exercise.
  • lizz3lizz
    lizz3lizz Posts: 14
    Options
    Love the show, but I don't get intimidated by the show.

Because the kids in this show lose their weight during 3 months of vacation, so they don't really have to do anything, in real adulthood life we have to work and a lott of other things to do.

We are not able to go to the gym and work out for 3 hours and when we come home, mom made dinner, we have to cook ourselves.

The kids also have a personal trainer. You know, after watching a show I thought; "How much does it cost to get a personal trainer" belaeve me it's a lott of money.

These kids lose weight because it's all they have to do in 3 months, that doesn't mean that after the show when school starts and they get stressed frim work. That they'le manage to keep the weight off,

Most people on here have lives and are busy, so let the fantasy of "I used to be fat" go, just watch and respect them.