What's Your Game Plan?

Options
jeyko
jeyko Posts: 368 Member
Wondering what everyone's game plan is? Workouts? Diets?
For me, I'm using a mix of Jillian Michael's DVD's and walking/elliptical.
Nothing fancy diet wise, just staying within my calorie range, making better choices.

Replies

• Allison22451
    Allison22451 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    For me, no special diet. Eating all the stuff I love, smply in moderation. Keeping the food diary here has proved very instrumental in maintaining that moderation..
    The fitness plan: cardio every morning and P90X in the afternoon (as my schedule allows). Yesterday there was no evening workout. Last Thursday I wasn't able to workout at all. As much as I hate the gym and hate working out, I hate messing up my "routine" more.
  • Duckz1
    Duckz1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I need to get past my night eating. It gets out of control very easily. Other than that, I'll keep up with running 4-5x week (been doing it for a couple months), riding 3x week, and weight lifting 1-2x week. I'm signed up for a 5k next month and Warrior Dash in May.

I've been wearing a Bodymedia Fit armband since last week. It's super motivating! When I look at the numbers at the end of the day I can see how getting up and walking around my office, taking the stairs, going for a walk at lunch, etc effects my calories burned for the day. When I'm going for a run it makes me want to keep going another 5 or 10 minutes.
  • FHerndon01
    Options
    I need to work on eating some of my exercise calories. I tend to fall below where I need to be. Hard to do since I'm typically not very hungry. I've done well with drinking a lot of water so far this week so I'm pleased there.

Workout wise I'm going to stick to what I have been doing lately. Getting up early and getting on our stationery bike. I've been averaging 45 minutes there. Also throwing in sit ups along with minor lifting. Evenings I go to the gym with my husband - and have been averaging 30-35 minutes on the elliptical in addition to heavier lifting. The cardio I do every day and we rotate muscle groups so we don't overdo it working out every day.

I've had some issues with my left achilles tendon so I'm having to give the walking/running a break for a couple weeks. It's feeling good, but I am going to give it another week before I start again. I'd like to start doing the C25K - I have one I'd like to run in September.

Good luck everyone! :)
  • MexisMom
    MexisMom Posts: 249
    Options
    I'm starting the 30 Day Shred for April 1st and I'm also going to restart C25K then as well. I would really like to get into Zumba and I'm going to keep trying in the safety of my own home, in front of no one but the cats, haha. I'm not so co-ordinated so I think it will take a while before that's more of a solid workout than me stepping on my own feet.

My diet needs a radical change, and I really need to stop eating late at night; both my boyfriend and I work until 10 most nights so we tend to have a really late supper/snack, which I know is terrible. I don't want to go on any crazy diets as I want it to be something that I can maintain... I may try out the 17 Day Diet for a little while though, to jumpstart the weigh loss. I've heard good things about it.

Joining my local gym is in the near future... I may wait until I see the progress I can make at home with the 30DS and C25K before jumping on that bandwagon. I'm very out of shape and I don't want to push it too much (although I may join sooner for the elliptical - I've always been able to do that much better than run). Once I build up a little better stamina, I also want to give P90X and Insanity a try.

AND I've got a young horse that I need to ride 5-6 times a week. So really, I have no excuses NOT to lose weight!
  • Cheops9255
    Options
    I am much too busy to have a particular plan. I will be watching what I eat, and trying to eat healthy and vegetarian, and work out whenever I can.
    I joined because I think it will keep me focused and I am motivated by what I see other people doing.
    Good luck to all.
    I don't plan on being the best at losing weight or losing the most but I am confident that working with other people over the next 16 weeks will help me shed weight.
    And I do like the contest aspect to it.
  • RheneeB
    RheneeB Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    My plan is to simply make better food choices and watch my portions. I am also forcing myself to drink at least 60 ounces of water a day. I have limited myself to one cup of coffee in the morning and a cup of hot tea before bed.

As far as exercise, I will be doing Brazilian Butt Lift for the next 60 days. I may not be able to follow the program exactly but will follow as close as I can. I may add a little turbo fire.

It is amazing how well I have stayed on track just since joining Monday!!! I am actually partipating in a Biggest Loser competition at ky church. They did it for the first time last year and had over 200 participate. This starts on April 12 and I am putting my team together now. My team name is Mission in Motion.
  • babydoll0873
    babydoll0873 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm starting 30 day shred and c2k on April 1st. I have Zumba for Wii that I would like to get back to doing as well.

Diet wise, just keep making better food choices and try to stay near my calorie level. I've been 150-200 below where I should be so I need to work on that.

I'm just looking forward to this challenge and seeing the results. Also, my husband is a truck driver and only gets home every 2-3 weeks so I want him to be able to see a change everytime he comes home!!!
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    No special diets for me, just try to stay within my daily calories. The only thing I need to work on is eating my exercise calories. I keep thinking that if I eat them back, I won't lose weight xD

For exercise, I'm going to be walking, using my zumba game I got for my kinect. I'm also going to try to get my bike fixed. And I might try to get into stretching and stuff like that.
  • estherwhetstone
    estherwhetstone Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm eating 3 meals a day. Portion control and doing perfect pushups. My eating was out of control but today has been good and I will conquer this!
  • Tinkerbell1369
    Tinkerbell1369 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am watching what I eat, drinking my special shakes twice a day. And most important back to using my pedometer and setting weekly walking goals. This week a average of 4,500 steps a day.
  • tammyandzach
    tammyandzach Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Right now I am staying within calories. Exercising 6 days a week. Mostly I eat normal food though.