Is anyone running/walking the "Rock 'n Sole Run??

Options
Is anyone running/walking the "Rock 'n Sole Run (Summerfest)??
I'm definitely doing the 5k this year. Here is the website for it:
http://www.rocknsolerun.com/pages/5k/race-information.php

It looks really fun, they block off the Hoan bridge and we get to run/walk on it! :glasses:

Replies

• GabeRami
    GabeRami Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I don't have any plans for it yet. Let me know if you want to walk/run it!
  • blaquesouldier
    Options
    I'm In is it team based or individual based, regardless ill def join it and it'd be nice if it is a team thing to meet other MFPers
  • FlTGlRL
    FlTGlRL Posts: 239
    Options
    We should get our own team going.
    First we have to sign up, it's about $25 per person I think. They have a more expensive plan where you can meet on Monday's after 6pm with a group and go for training. You might want to do that, but I can't do that day.

If you guys want to get a walking group together, let me know....
    What is 1 day each week that would consistently work for you guys. I'm thinking a Saturday for me? Maybe in the afternoon.

Let me know...Also, let me know if you guys know of anyone else that would be interested in the walking group.
    We could walk by the lake!
  • GabeRami
    Options
    I'm all for it. Let me know. Saturdays I can do, but I have to work 1 Saturday a month. I like the walking idea, maybe we can pick out different trails or meet at different parks just to change the scenery. Just a thought.
  • FlTGlRL
    Options
    I'm all for it. Let me know. Saturdays I can do, but I have to work 1 Saturday a month. I like the walking idea, maybe we can pick out different trails or meet at different parks just to change the scenery. Just a thought.

Yea...sounds good.
    I also work 1 Saturday a month. What shift do you work on that 1 Saturday a month?
  • GabeRami
    Options
    8a-5p out near Menomonie Falls, but I am usually home by 5:30
  • jessmarie1023
    jessmarie1023 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello! Yes- I'm signed up and I will be doing the 10k again this year. Did it last year when they didn't have any water for us.. :noway: But Looking forward to the challenge again this year.
  • blaquesouldier
    Options
    My wife and i signed up and would love to get on the team... we should be available on saturdays some time... just let me know and i'll do everything i can to be there. we are in the franklin area
  • FlTGlRL
    Options
    Okay... We need to get this beginners group going soon! I'm thinking we should start not this Saturday but the next (5/12/2012) Let me know if that works for you. We need to find a common area to meet. We could meet at McKinnley Marina across from Alterra at around 5pm. Let me know.