What's your memorial day motivation?

Options
13»

Replies

• Mell00546
    Mell00546 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I am a born and raised Floridian. My motivation is summer, the beach, and my cute jean skirts!
    I obviousley dress professional for work but when I out with my boyfriend or friends I want to be able to throw on a cute little jean skirt and top. Not be worried about which part of my is to fat or showing....
  • mab33
    mab33 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    My motivation? The big 3-0!

That's May 24, then hubby's birthday May 27 and our annual BBQ on the big day.

I want to be 30 in my favorite jeans that haven't fit since I got married. And well on my way to 111 so we can start trying for baby #1!
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I have somehow managed to keep myself motivated for over a year now. My motivation for Memorial Day? Simple.... this CHALLENGE!! :happy:
  • amberfarmer99
    amberfarmer99 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm starting back to school in June (yay summer school, yuck) and I don't want to be the FAT OLD LADY
  • piperpooh
    piperpooh Posts: 15
    Options
    This is a great challenge for me. My goal is to be down by 9lbs from where I am now. I know this is quite the goal since I normally lose around 0.5 lbs per week.

I just want to feel better about myself and fit into some of my old summer clothes! Gotta love that motivation!!
  • Mswedelius
    Mswedelius Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My motivation is my daughter rodeos and I want to be able to keep up with her this summer (shes 8) and not be out of breath and dying by the end of the weekend like last year - and also she wants to go tothe water park this summer since she is tall enough to ride the rides, so I have to fit into a swimsuit - I am 30 and haven't worn a swimsuit since was in high school .... I can do this!!! :wink:
  • Uneeknitter
    Uneeknitter Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    A month after Memorial Day I will see a group of people I only see once a year. Last year I weighed almost 200 lbs so I want them to all be like "Whoa, who are you?" when they see me again! Shock factor is soo much fun. :D
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    My motivation, I'm turning 40 :noway: in January and want to be healthy and fabulous..I want to bring in this milestone in style :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • amie0724
    amie0724 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Going to a pool party , want to look sexy in my white bikini :)
  • jill92787
    jill92787 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm going to Washington D.C. that weekend to represent my command for the Memorial Day parade. I'll be in my dress whites (which are not kind anyway) and I'll be seeing people I don't see often and a lot of people are going to see me out of uniform for the first time! I don't spend a lot of off-time with the people I work with and the uniform I wear at work all the time is unflattering now matter what your body type is. I want them to see me and be shocked that I'm in that good of shape under all of that! Plus I get to see a friend that weekend that I haven't seen in months and I want him to be amazed at the progress I've made since New Year's!

...and of course summer is coming!
  • tigerbabe2
    tigerbabe2 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My motivation is 2 smile when I look in the mirror trying on clothes, especially finally being able to wear a bikini again @ the pool.
  • Zadranka18
    Zadranka18 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm going on my first vacation with my bf... secretly hoping for a ring! :) wanna look great for those pictures.
  • pattyfit3334
    pattyfit3334 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'd like to lose another 20 lbs by June 1st. I've lost about 20 lbs since November 19th (ok, lost 20, then gained 3 back - ugh) so I really need to snap myself back into weight loss mode again. I went from a size 16W jeans to a size 14 - and I'd so love to be down to a 12 or even a 10 by the summer. I'm really short - so every pound shows, but I'd love to feel better about myself in shorts (and not want to hide when I'm in a bathing suit).
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    TheSpicyMermaid Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I'm going on my first vacation with my bf... secretly hoping for a ring! :) wanna look great for those pictures.

Good luck!

*hoping for herself this is the year as well!* :-D
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    TheSpicyMermaid Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I'd like to lose another 20 lbs by June 1st. I've lost about 20 lbs since November 19th (ok, lost 20, then gained 3 back - ugh) so I really need to snap myself back into weight loss mode again. I went from a size 16W jeans to a size 14 - and I'd so love to be down to a 12 or even a 10 by the summer. I'm really short - so every pound shows, but I'd love to feel better about myself in shorts (and not want to hide when I'm in a bathing suit).

Sounds like a similar boat. I did really well (with a MFP challenge actually) and lost about 20, then gained a few back. Now I'm at the hardest part. I'm doing almost everything right, but it's double the challenge because my last 15 pounds are quite stubborn and refuse to leave. But it HAS to come off right?

I'm 5'1" and love shorts, but they ARE awkward to wear at this stage. I haven't worn a pair without feeling yucky in decades if ever. Lunges and running!