Finally ready but need your help!

Options
EWhitaker526
EWhitaker526 Posts: 92 Member
Hi, I'm 24 and I was diagnosed with PCOS about 7 months ago after my periods stopped. The doctor said they stopped due to weight gain. I got married 3 months ago and we would like to try for our first baby soon, but I'm still not having periods and my doctor says i need to lose some weight. Obviously lol. I'm 5'4 and 190lbs. I'm wondering what diet/exercise routine you have followed and been able to lose weight? I want to lose at least 30 lbs before trying and hope that's enough to bring my periods back. Any ideas/stories/suggestions are greatly appreciated. I have no clue what works and what doesn't. Thanks ladies!

Replies

• mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    It's really basic. She told me that this spurs your body to use its insulin. This is what you do:

45 carb Breakfast
    30 carb Snack
    45 carb Lunch
    30 carb Snack
    45 carb Dinner
    30 carb Snack.

It works. I will also add that when I got pregnant with Alexander, PCOS carriers have a higher Gestational Diabetes factor, and they take this diet and minus 15 carbs from each of these.
  • MegSaddler
    Options
    Hi there! You can also talk to your doctor about going on metformin as pcos treatment. I'm 5'2" and was 189lbs at 5'2" in December 2011 & have lost 29 lbs in just a few months on metformin and a sugar/carb conscious diet. My workouts consist of weekly yoga and dog walks, not hours at the gym (although I probably should). Might be worth looking into!
  • EWhitaker526
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! I'm gonna check some stuff out!
  • mrsmichael33
    Options
    Hi,
    I am also 24 and have been marriead for almost 4 years now. About 2 years ago I lost about 60lbs, didn't bring me to my ultimate goal but still a victory. I did it by always changing my workout routine, find workouts that are fun like I would go hiking, rollerblading and some gym workouts. A workout buddy did help me push myself and was a good distraction to the exhaustion lol. Drink a lot of water! It keeps your metabolism going and increases weight loss. I recently went through about 6 months of fertility treatments and it sounds like you are on the right path. Be ready before you head down that road it is physically and mentally exhausting and some of the meds made me gain weight, 20lbs. I wish I would have been prepared for that part. Good luck to you!
  • EWhitaker526
    Options
    I'm really hoping if i lose the weight I can concieve without medication! Because at about 7 months ago i was having normal periods.