Good morning! (Yes, I'm new.)

Options
Hello, all, and I am happy to find you!

I am Jocelyn and my mare is Chance. I rescued her last summer after she had been found as skin and bones and then rehabitated and a nearby rescue. She is now beautiful, healthy and fit--and perfecting under-saddle basics with a dressage foundation which is really giving her good muscle. I realized that at 40 pounds overweight, I was not doing either of us any favors so I figured we needed to get fit together.

Long story short:in 2010, I weighed 210 pounds (I'm 5'2") and lost almost 50 pounds on Medifast. Then, my thyroid acted up dramatically and I developed a mysterious soy allergy. I gained fifteen pounds back since I had to stop that program last October. So, yes, I am nipping that in the bud AND losing the rest of the weight! That first 50 pounds made me feel like a new person and even with my gain I feel much better than I did at 210. I can only imagine what another 40 will do for me.

I enjoy a rich quality of life and my exercise includes pilates, yoga, weight training and, of course, riding, training and doing barn chores.

I am really looking forward to this. I have used the app for a couple of weeks and only now realized there is a web site and meassage boards. :)

Jocelyn

Replies

• amandalfraser
    amandalfraser Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi:) I just recently found the msg boards and groups too! So nice to find horse people as well! I have racehorses ( one of which I can ride as well). Love connecting with horse lovers!
  • cpegasus01
    cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Welcome to both of you! Glad to have you here!