Just ordered TurboFire.. any advice before I start? :)

Options
Just bought TurboFire the other day and receive it on Friday. I can't wait to start it, I have seen so many good reviews and it made me excited to buy. I am an overweight person with 60+ pounds to lose, so I am what you would call an "out of shape beginner" lol. Is there any advice about how to stay committed and what makes turbo fire work for you? Cant wait to share my progress and read any advice or tips posted. Thanks much... - Ruby :)

Replies

• missfitmt
    missfitmt Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am OBSESSED with TF! The beginning is going to be hard because that's usually when you're not at your best, and also because it's a program you're not familiar with it, but keep pushing play and you'll notice the workouts getting easier as you go. You'll even notice yourself taking less breaks as you lose weight and get healthier. Biggest tip would be to make sure you eat some protein within an hour after the workouts so you don't get sore for the next day's workout :)
  • freeasharold
    freeasharold Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Make sure you get some good crosstrainers for your feet :)
  • maranatha777
    Options
    I agree with both of the posters above me and also make sure you do the new to class for each workout at least once. That helped me out alot. I literally hate working out but love this program! Also, there is a Prep program in the booklet you will recieve if you don't think that you are up to the full program yet. That is what I am currently doing and have 4 more weeks until I start the full TF program :)
  • sjflowers
    sjflowers Posts: 148
    Options
    What is helping me keep at it (other than this program is SO. MUCH. FUN.) is to not feel guilty if i have to slow down, maybe miss a few steps. For me, the goal isn't to do it perfect.. but to just DO IT.
  • pinkmm86
    pinkmm86 Posts: 5
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone for the helpful advice and tips. My box came in today and I am going to read through the guidline books and watch the first video to be able to visualize what I am going to do. I cant wait to work this program and start to see some results. Thanks again, Ruby
  • hwaterhouse
    hwaterhouse Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just ordered TurboFire too (but in Australia so it may take a while to get here). These comments are really helpful. I'm trying to not to be too worried about getting it all right first up. Is anyone following the nutrition plan? Or is just tracking calories in on MFP effective enough? Not sure how I'd go with a super low-carb diet (if that's the recommendation). It might not be sustainable for me. Anyway, I'll see how I go when I get it and try and work out something that's not too unreachable. Good luck :)
  • pinkmm86
    Options
    @hwaterhouse, I am planning on sticking to MFP for my diet and nutrition. I dont want to put to much strain or pressure on having to eat a certain way and do the workout. I tend to fizzle out a lot faster that way. I have learned that balance is the key. I feel like I can stick to healthy lifestyle by just watching what I eat and working out regularly. I hope you get your package soon. Mine arrived in the mail yesterday and I opened it up and was all excited. I know that there is a plan to follow if you are a beginner before you start the full length program. It helps beginners condition their body and build up to being able to do the FULL turbofire plan. We can do this. :) Ruby
  • hwaterhouse
    Options
    @pinkmm86, thanks for the info! I feel that is the best approach for me too. I know that in the past if I set a meal plan that was completely foreign to me I didn't stick with it for long and the exercise was the next thing to go. My first aim will be to exercise regularly and cut-out the bingeing and then I'll set my goals from there. I also have 60-90 pounds to lose too (I think in kilos so 30-40kgs). I'm going to start out slowly and do the prep plan so I don't get discouraged/injure myself! All the best Ruby - and thanks for your enthusiasm and encouragement. Hayley
  • missfitmt
    missfitmt Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    i didn't follow the meal plan at all and have lost about 18 lbs so far (my goal is 30 lbs). i just track what i eat on MFP and make sure that all the bad stuff is in moderation. however! i'm trying to change my diet slowly to break thru the plateaus, and now am starting to consider using a lot of the recipes that come with the program.
  • pinkmm86
    Options
    @hayley.. I accepted your friend request. I think it makes it so much easier when you have the most support. I am in about the same weight loss goal range and you, 60 minumum-95/100 maximum. I think we will make great MFP buddies since we are doing the same workout and all that. Let me know how things are going and how the workouts are for you once you get started. Thanks for the friend request. - Ruby
  • hwaterhouse
    Options
    @bittercpht. That's very encouraging. Once I'm exercising regularly and tracking food then I'll start tweaking my diet further. One step at a time!

@Ruby. Thanks! I hope we can encourage one another and provide a bit of accountability. Let me know how you find your first few days.