Question for Gay Men: Weight Loss/Fitness & Role Reversal?

Options
2»

Replies

• mSquared77
    mSquared77 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am a fan of versatility - best of both worlds. lol.

this ;)
  • Steve29Guy
    Options
    It sounds like the answer to your question is found within all of the great responses above. In my opinion it's about feeling more confident about yourself and letting go of insecurities. When we feel better about ourselves we're more willing to try things we'd never have done before (ie. wearing tanktops, taking shirt off at the beach, etc). It may sound silly but when we begin to feel happy with our bodies we begin to feel more desirable.

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling good about yourself and opening up to new experiences. I think that's a great step for anyone and a sign that you're doing a great job.

-Steve
  • cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I am now more flexible than ever so I do it all lol. I used to do one just because I was insecure. I def think it changes!
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I am now more flexible than ever so I do it all lol. I used to do one just because I was insecure. I def think it changes!

Good to know! haha
  • kskroch
    kskroch Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Interesting topic. In my experience a ‘dominant’ isn’t necessarily a ‘top’ and vice versa. And also someone who seems to be the social dominate in a couple isn’t necessarily in other areas. People and couple interactions are more complicated and dynamic over time these things can evolve. My advice learn to be versatile and be able to take advantage of whatever situation you find yourself in and you’ll have a lot more interesting opportunities that way.
  • JamesBC78
    JamesBC78 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This is a very interesting topic in that I am just starting down my path of being a better me... again. I think confidence could alter that part of the relationship just as much as not having confidence is now. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.
  • ideliver
    ideliver Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I miss talking about queer theory! For what its worth...my thoughts:

I agree that comfort with ones own self probably leads to more permission-giving with respect to new sexual roles. I wonder if the move towards bottoming is a reflection of a move towards versatility. Sexuality is very dynamic, and preferences change. The other factor at play may be that a new body type means considering membership in a different sub culture than before (bear to otter to twink to gym bunny, etc)

I'm always very cautious about mixing sexual practice and relationships with heteronormative ideals of gender. My relationship is very much an equal partnership, but I think I have more in common with lesbians than gay men...lol. Plus, when you have kids outside of the major gay centres, you live in the fishbowl, so "straight acting" is a meaningless construct.

For what it's worth, sex hormones and weight loss is a very complicated , but probably nothing is significant in magnitude to affect the brain/emotional centre.
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I miss talking about queer theory! For what its worth...my thoughts:

I agree that comfort with ones own self probably leads to more permission-giving with respect to new sexual roles. I wonder if the move towards bottoming is a reflection of a move towards versatility. Sexuality is very dynamic, and preferences change. The other factor at play may be that a new body type means considering membership in a different sub culture than before (bear to otter to twink to gym bunny, etc)

I'm always very cautious about mixing sexual practice and relationships with heteronormative ideals of gender. My relationship is very much an equal partnership, but I think I have more in common with lesbians than gay men...lol. Plus, when you have kids outside of the major gay centres, you live in the fishbowl, so "straight acting" is a meaningless construct.

For what it's worth, sex hormones and weight loss is a very complicated , but probably nothing is significant in magnitude to affect the brain/emotional centre.

Interesting - thanks!