Room for blokes too???

Options
Great move by who ever set up this group. I just had to ask if Men are welcome? It just seems that the health and fitness objectives would be the same across genders. Would be better to work together. :happy:

I'm 6'7" and trying to work my 120kgs back down to my "ideal weight" around the 110kg mark.

Disclaimer: I am HAPPILY married and not inclined to ANY online shenanigans, Just healthy, happy & vital living.
(Happy to leave if desired, Happy to accept FRs)

Replies

• jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'm always happy to be around anybody taller than me. :smile: :smile:
  • pkiesch
    pkiesch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'm always happy to be around anybody taller than me. :smile: :smile:

same here!! haha welcome!
  • ajlarz
    ajlarz Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I agree! Male or female- we're all in the same boat together- happy to see you here!
  • ChristophHewett
    ChristophHewett Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. good to know. :bigsmile:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options

Agreed, and tall men are the bomb. :drinker:
  • twinsanity
    twinsanity Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options

Yes they are...just hard to find. lol
  • ChristophHewett
    Options

Nice of you to say. Thanks.
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    My husband is 6'6" and I LOVE IT! :blushing:
  • AJay513
    AJay513 Posts: 187
    Options
    To us a man 6'7" is normal! lol
    My friends think it's so funny that I consider any man under 6'2" as short!
  • ChristophHewett
    Options
    Very true, AJay. The "sub-optimals" really don't get it.
  • FatgutBgone
    FatgutBgone Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 8" but I have always loved tall women. I know that there are some tall women that like shorter men. I just wish I could find one myself LOL.
  • MadusaCait
    MadusaCait Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Shouldn't there be a Men who love tall women group on here? I mean it seems only natural.
  • Pip_squeak
    Pip_squeak Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Just thought I'd chime in......

6'5" and I found out recently that longer limb people should also understand that their physique will not shape up the same as the vertically challenged.

Makes our resistance training a little more challenging. I have switched to dumb bells for just about every exercise except squats.
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Just thought I'd chime in......

6'5" and I found out recently that longer limb people should also understand that their physique will not shape up the same as the vertically challenged.

Makes our resistance training a little more challenging. I have switched to dumb bells for just about every exercise except squats.

Curious about this, explain it to me... or if you have the article I'd love to read it...
  • Pip_squeak
    Pip_squeak Posts: 132 Member
    Options

Curious about this, explain it to me... or if you have the article I'd love to read it...

The information was basically since we have longer limbs our range of motion is different from those with shorter limbs. For instance, a bench press for me at 6'5" is a totally different grip width for someone that is 5'9". For this exercise it would be better for me to use dumb bells. (Disclaimer - dumb bells are better anyway because they recruit more muscle fibers to do the work.)