Help

Options
pattigies
pattigies Posts: 4 Member
What is up? Been watching diet, exercising, and recording, I think, every morsel that hits my mouth--except for today--Why did I GAIN 1 pound???? did I mention I am not sedentary and I try to exercise each day--help me out--what is going on???? I am almost wondering if there is some type of other problems going on with this old body.

Replies

• Punkicoleman
    Punkicoleman Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    How long have you been perfect on your diet and exercise? What diet plan are you following? If we want to lose weight, we have to pick a plan and stick to it. If we modify the plan, we modify the results.

My eating was really good for a long time and I worked out every day, without really losing. Of course, I always had wine with dinner which wasn't on the plan. When I quit drinking wine, I started losing. Go figure. :ohwell:

I could have decided to pick a plan where I counted calories or counted points, but those types of programs really don't work as well for me a just going low carb, so I gave up the wine, went very low carb, and started losing really well.

When we went on vacation, I ate really carefully and was very active, but I drank wine and my weight maintained throughout the vacation. Since I still want to lose more, I quit driniking wine when I got home. When we go on our cruise at the end of April, I will segue back into my vacation plan and more than likely maintain. When I get home, I will switch back to my diet mode until I get to where I want to be. My ultimate goal is to be in top shape by September 21.

So, be sure to pick a plan you can live with and then stick to it until you get to where you want to be. If you think you are sticking to your plan perfectly, then it is either the wrong plan for you, or else your portions are too large. Go back to faithfully weighing, measuring and recording everything.

Bottom line, if what you are doing isn't working, do something else.
  • ginnylee74
    ginnylee74 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Hi Patti

Are you logging everything you eat? Are you logging the food and measuring with spoons and measuring cups? Do you have a kitchen scale to weigh your foods if needed? Are you looking up the food you eat to get all the counts of protein, sodium, carbs, sugar etc? Try not to guess or use added calories. If your sodium is too high that can make you retain water and that will show as a weight gain. :grumble:

As Punki said, You have to have a plan and stick to it. I have to count the calories and watch my sodium. I also am hypothyroid and that makes it more difficult for me to lose. I have to figure out what works for me with the meds I take. Are you taking B/P meds, cholesterol, or others that may make it harder to lose? You can't stop them but you do have to work harder because of them.:wink:

Everyone is different. I would love to do a high protein plan but it's hard on my liver and kidneys. However, I'm trying to eat more balanced. I don't always make it but be sure to check if you are following whatever plan you choose. The main thing is to log your eating and your exercise. That way you can see where you are at each day and possibly where you could tweak things a bit.

If you truly feel that something is going on with your body, if you are able go to your doctor and explain what you are doing. Print out your eating log for a week or two to show him. He may have suggestions or want to do some blood tests. As long as you can afford it, it couldn't hurt.

Just stay focused. :drinker: You WILL make it. It is just going to take time.:love:

Ginny:flowerforyou: