Where is everyone?!

Options
This group is seriously lacking lately - and I am just as guilty.

How is everyone doing? I have another group I'll be weighing in with every week, but I would still love to be battling the inches along with you horsey folks too!

I've been slacking the past little while, but am DETERMINED to start fresh and lose all those pounds. I hate the way I look - I liken myself to a fat linebacker, haha. I'm definitely packing a LOT of extra pounds - like 75 - and it doesn't help that I'm already very broad. It's just not a pretty picture.

I'd love to hear how everyone has been faring the past few months... maybe your successes will motivate me even more!

In any case, I hope everyone is doing well!

Replies

• Duckz1
    Duckz1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I think since I friended a lot of people through this group we tend to chat on our newsfeeds. I do check in on this message board though!

I was down almost ten pounds, then a friend of mine passed away. The past two weeks have been full of ups and downs, both in my diet and in life in general. I'm up a couple pounds. I thought I was back on track but last night I ate way too much AGAIN. Anyway, each day is a new day and I try not to beat myself up. The one thing I've been successful with is keeping active, and it makes me feel SO much better to go running or riding. The MFP support system has worked wonders for getting me back on track instead of just giving up.
  • onawho
    onawho Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I agree with Duckz, most of my "friends" communicate though the news feed but I do check here every once and a while. I just bumped up my friends post the other day for our new CoTH members that joined.

With school demands, small business starting up and my ankle still giving me grief when I ask too much of it, I am not that physically active. That said I do walk my dog several times a day and take the stairs in the buildings on campus.

I DO make sure that all my in-taking is clean, whole foods and unless it is rice or quinoa NOTHING come out of a box or wrapper. I have noticed the profile of my figure has changed, my boobs are smaller :grumble: not quite sure how I feel about that one, and my pants are looser as well as my ring, shoes and bras. So, there has been improvement abet slow.
  • jingoace
    jingoace Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    If it's Warm Weather - I've gone out to RIDE....

(I try not to spend alot of time online until evenings after dinner hour.)

:) J
  • SophinMaine
    SophinMaine Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm back!
    Thank you Onawho for checking on me!
    I've been busy and haven't taken the time to log in here, but I have been tracking my food intake and trying to exercise at least 3x a week.
    Last week we were totally SPOILED with weather in the 80's (In MAINE! in MARCH!!) and I spent lots more time outside or "about", than in front of my computer.
    My weight hasn't changed from 3 weeks ago, but I'm almost to my goal...3 or 4 more pounds to go and I'll be satisfied for now.
    I hope everyone is still doing ok!
  • merryhooves
    merryhooves Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to be part of the CoTH group, and appreciate the support. Will watch this space as well as news feeds.
  • DQMD
    DQMD Posts: 193
    Options
    I had been doing good for 5 days until yesterday when I had some minor surgery. I slipped yesterday because I wanted some comfort food. Today I am back on track which is good..I will also try to take some extra walks.
  • hsmithway
    hsmithway Posts: 191
    Options
    I've been insanely busy! Managing to log my foods every day, but haven't been chatting much lately.
  • MexisMom
    MexisMom Posts: 249
    Options
    Glad to hear everyone is alive and well! :)

I love that many are you are so busy you don't have as much time on here. I'm moving my mare at the end of the month and I'll have a lot more horses to ride there... so hopefully I'll be in that boat soon too!
  • Polydor
    Polydor Posts: 43
    Options
    Still hear just been off sick last week. Would say I am almost back to being able to exercise this week , being able to breath while jogging is a plus! lol

But i'm going to need the motivation since we just lost our daylight saving. Sitting here at 6:30pm and its pitch black already :(

P.
  • spotteddrafter
    spotteddrafter Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I joined the group right before I moved into my new house. All of my energy was going to that - added to the fact that it was a little while before I had internet installed at home. That was 8 weeks ago, though, so no excuse for the rest of the time I was away. The great thing is that while I wasn't tracking my food, I was still active (LOVE LOVE LOVE hiking the horse trails with my pup - and gives a new perspective of the trails from my horse's point of view)....and I actually lost 4 lbs! Yay! So, now I'm back on it full-time - this weight has GOT to GO!